Interior Color

TravelinMan

:
2008 CX-9 GT
Hi All,

Wanted to know from those that have already purchased, opinion on the light or the dark interior leather. Current car has black leather seats which get really hot in the summer (Atlanta, GA) but the light interior looks like it will show alot of dirt. Any feedback appriciated.

Also, I spoke with a dealer this morning about ordering an '08 model. He said that they will place another '08 order in 6 weeks and then it will take up to 16 weeks to receive the car. Is this timeframe typical for Mazda factory orders.

Thanks,
T

I have the light interior with the white exterior. I like the light interior a lot better than the dark one, especially for the third row seating. Since the carpet is still dark, dirt is less of an issue. No problem keeping the seats clean so far.

I opted for the light interior as well. My past few cars have had the dark and it does get hot, so I chose the light. I have not had any issues keeping it clean and do agree that it is a great benefit having the carpet dark which really helps.

I do admit I swayed between the two colors. I was sure I wanted the lighter color and then I saw the dark interior at the auto show and almost changed my mind.

TravelinMan said:
Hi All,

Wanted to know from those that have already purchased, opinion on the light or the dark interior leather. Current car has black leather seats which get really hot in the summer (Atlanta, GA) but the light interior looks like it will show alot of dirt. Any feedback appriciated.

Also, I spoke with a dealer this morning about ordering an '08 model. He said that they will place another '08 order in 6 weeks and then it will take up to 16 weeks to receive the car. Is this timeframe typical for Mazda factory orders.

Thanks,
T

Black cloth. I HATE leather seats. Dont know why everyone jumps on that bandwagon. Just to brag, I guess. Even in Phoenix, the black cloth isnt really hotter.

Leather is not to brag about. I think some of us just prefer it over cloth. Personally I have 2 kids and one on the way and would never get cloth in my wifes car. It is not very easy to clean up spills, etc on cloth. Leather for the most part is very forgiving. Also, I have pets and it is not an issue with pet hair sticking to the fabric like cloth seats.

I also have a company car; 07 Honda Accord. That has cloth interior and I can't stand it. The interior color is black and EVERY piece of lint, etc sticks to the seats and looks like crap.

Not knocking you if you actually prefer it. It just seems too many people get it BECAUSE it's more expensive. Our CX9 has a smoother cloth that isnt too bad for lint. Not like that GM velour crap. Leather isnt so good in the Arizona heat, either. OUCH. On the other hand, I love the leather wheel and shifter, but those are standard.

CX9 SportOwner said:
Black cloth. I HATE leather seats. Dont know why everyone jumps on that bandwagon. Just to brag, I guess. Even in Phoenix, the black cloth isnt really hotter.

I like the leather for the ease of maintenance and value it brings to the car.

BTW, after a day long demo with the CX-9, I'm going to order one with the black leather. Thanks for the comments here on the light interior but I don't keep my cars that clean and over time I think the black will wear better (for me).

Thanks,
T

If you've looked at both color interiors, then by all means, get the one you prefer! I saw the black one and really liked the way it looked (very warm, intimate, and classy), but from the 3rd row, it was pretty dark. I looked around until I found one with the light color just to see how that compared. For me, it seemed to open up the interior quite a bit, especially from that 3rd row. It doesn't look quite as upscale, but we like it better.

Back