what size tire?

leebee

:
04 MAZDA 6 3.0 WAGON
04 mazda 6s wagon--looking for some new tires(stock 17 " rims),havent decided on the size. anyone care to post any pics of your car so I can see what looks good. I'm looking for sizes 225\45-17, 215\40-17ish. I'm looking for a wide but low profile but with the 17s I don't want to make the wheel look to small for the opening. thanks--(rofl)

Changing bias will cause speedo error. Width is the only change you should make...but make sure to bias remains the same.

The stock size is 215/50R17 correct? You can go with 225/50R17 which is 1.5% too slow (speedo will read 59 when you are traveling 60) or 225/45R17 which is 2% too fast (speedo will read 61 when you are traveling 60). However, as 1killercls said, you are best off sticking with the stock size. If you want better performance, pick a summer high performance tire instead of an all-season.

chuyler1 said:
The stock size is 215/50R17 correct? You can go with 225/50R17 which is 1.5% too slow (speedo will read 59 when you are traveling 60) or 225/45R17 which is 2% too fast (speedo will read 61 when you are traveling 60). However, as 1killercls said, you are best off sticking with the stock size. If you want better performance, pick a summer high performance tire instead of an all-season.
any idea what that 17" stock offset is, and how bout the lug pattern?

All late model Mazdas are 5x114.5 bolt pattern. The offset is somewhere between 55-65mm. Check the Wheel/Tire thread in this section for details on what wheels will fit your 6.

what about rims, i have thought about getting 18 in wheels but still not sure? should i stick with the 17's like you told this guy?

That is a totally separate question. Leebee was asking what size tires to put on the stock rims.

If you want to put on 18"s then do so and use the appropriate sized tire to keep the outer diameter the same.

See the following thread for wheel/tire options:
README: Mazda6/MS6 Wheel/Tire Options

Back