Do you like the MS3 rims on the MS6?

• Feelin' it brother!

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • Not likin' it dude!

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

Rainman

:
2006 Black Mica MS6 GT + 2007 MS3 (2003.5 Yellow MSP = retired)
Well my wife can't have all the good stuff. Since the MS3 was sitting at the dealership still waiting for parts and they hadn't put the summer rims on yet, I decided to make a little swap when I took the MS6 in for its service today. I have always preferred the look of the MS3 rims over the MS6 rims as I find the MS6 rims a tad busy. I don't hate them as much as a lot of other do, but I have thought about a bunch of different options to make them look better. Recently, I had decided that I would powdercoat them anthracite black. However, on a spur of the moment thing I had the service tech make the swap and the following pics are the result.

Let me know what you think. I think I like it. Now if I could just get the $$ to drop it...LOL.

R

Attachments

• IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 320
(uhm) try lowering the car, then it might look better.

I sold a set of MS3 rims to a guy with a 6. he was planning on powdercoating them gunmetal. if he ever sends me pics I'll be sure to post them up

I always wondered what this would look like. I think it looks pretty good, especially on a black car. The wheel gap seems more pronounced then with the stock wheels for some strange reason.

looks awesome, i think the stock ms6 rims have "too much going on" which is also what ive heard from all of my co-workers. they all think the 3 wheels are much better, but they're not on my forum, so add like 6 more to my vote on the 3's lol.

i plan on doing it as soon as i find them cheap enough.

Looks nice Rainman. Do you think you could post a pic of them straight from the side (like ottawaP5' sig)

i think they look neutrally good. meaning, im not hating nor loving them. im like...blehh

I think if you had them powdercoated/painted a darker (maybe black or gun metal) color......they would look a lot better......and a good 2" drop...... that would have something going for you.......

I don't think it makes much of a difference. They are both a little too busy for my taste. I like the Protege5, RX-8 and Mazda3 wheels. Hmm, has anyone put RX-8 rims on a MS3 yet???

Koenig said:
I think if you had them powdercoated/painted a darker (maybe black or gun metal) color......they would look a lot better......and a good 2" drop...... that would have something going for you.......

My wife said the same thing about the colour of the rims when we came out of the store yesterday and were walking up to the car from a distance.

R

chuyler1 said:
I don't think it makes much of a difference. They are both a little too busy for my taste. I like the Protege5, RX-8 and Mazda3 wheels. Hmm, has anyone put RX-8 rims on a MS3 yet???

I like it, but it didn't "un-busy" the look as much as I thought it would. I think that the only way to do "un-busy" the look is to go with a 5-spoke design. There is a member who has put the RX8 rims on his MS6. They look pretty badass and they do not have any rubbing issues. I would assume that they would look just as good on the MS3.

R

trees said:
Looks nice Rainman. Do you think you could post a pic of them straight from the side (like ottawaP5' sig)

Not quite from the side, but a better look for you.

R

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 203
Back