Map Updates for Nav system

:
Mazda CX5 GTR 2019
Ok, another new toy question. When I registered my GT at Mazda, they offered a link for check for map updates to Navdeq. When I went to their site, they did not list the Mazda CX-9 as one of the vehicles for which they have updates.

Does anyone know whether that company is the one that does map updates?

More immediately, does anyone know what the current version of the maps is?

FiveG

I think that the manufacturer of the Navi system is DENSO .. but not sure about the maps. The ones listed in the Mazda site are NAVTEQ.. I have used Navtech in my PDA before .. my CX9 maps maps seem different.

FiveG said:
Ok, another new toy question. When I registered my GT at Mazda, they offered a link for check for map updates to Navdeq. When I went to their site, they did not list the Mazda CX-9 as one of the vehicles for which they have updates.

Does anyone know whether that company is the one that does map updates?

More immediately, does anyone know what the current version of the maps is?

FiveG

Good god. Read your DVD disc.

What's a DVD disc?(hah)

Seriously, tho', the fact that the Mazda site and its vendor's sites are not in accord on whether they support the CX-9 doesn't leave me with any warm and fuzzies about whether they are the right vendor.

So to go back to my question: does anyone know what the current RELEASED version is? And, given Mazda's inconsistency with the vendor, who is actually doing the map updates?

FiveG

Denso

FiveG said:
What's a DVD disc?(hah)

Seriously, tho', the fact that the Mazda site and its vendor's sites are not in accord on whether they support the CX-9 doesn't leave me with any warm and fuzzies about whether they are the right vendor.

So to go back to my question: does anyone know what the current RELEASED version is? And, given Mazda's inconsistency with the vendor, who is actually doing the map updates?

FiveG

Nav system on CX9 and CX7 is the same DENSO and

DENSO sucks hard (lick)

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3083535&postcount=7

Well, got an e-mail back from Navteq.

"Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. While Mazda uses our map data we neither produce nor distribute the disks for the CX-9. For update information please consult your nearest authorized Mazda dealer or call Mazda direct at . . . "

Still waiting to hear from Mazda.

FiveG said:
Well, got an e-mail back from Navteq.

"Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. While Mazda uses our map data we neither produce nor distribute the disks for the CX-9. For update information please consult your nearest authorized Mazda dealer or call Mazda direct at . . . "

Still waiting to hear from Mazda.

If the system is DENSO - the maps used may originate from NavTeq but the mapdisc will be different format - so you cannot swap the Navteq disc to Denso one.
I know i tried on My CX7 - if you insert the Navteq mapdisc the system responds with the "not a mapdisk" error message. :confused:

So I guess we all wait to see if/when Denso comes up with a new map?

Tick tick tick tick.

New CD

OK I just bought the new 2008 CX9 GT about 1 week ago and the CD version I have is MAZDA PART No. GP9A 66 DZ0 D. I guess this is the latest one, because on all the forums I see people only have GP9A 66 DZ0 C. Not that it matters a lot since even with the new CD the NAV sucks compared to my TOMTOM. But if any one wants the new CD version I can burn ISO and upload it to their desired location so they can download it.

regards,
kkamal.

So far... not so good

My CX9 GT is one week old now. Last time I was driving on HWY#410 north bounce. After I passed Bovaird Dr. I noticed that the high way has disappeared on the nav screen. Well, the new portion this HWY is built over two years now and I expect it to be on my 'latest' toy. I'm disappointed again that my 04 TL nav with dvd room dated 2006 has this new portion of the high way.

OK I just bought the new 2008 CX9 GT about 1 week ago and the CD version I have is MAZDA PART No. GP9A 66 DZ0 D. I guess this is the latest one, because on all the forums I see people only have GP9A 66 DZ0 C. Not that it matters a lot since even with the new CD the NAV sucks compared to my TOMTOM. But if any one wants the new CD version I can burn ISO and upload it to their desired location so they can download it.

regards,
kkamal.

Thank you very much for the gracious offer. I assume the version you're burning will operate in the same manner as the original disc.

You can e-mail me the "D" version at kphilippou1@yahoo.com

regards,
kkamal.

I have been looking for a way to get an update for a week now! I would be SOOOOOOo happy for a copy! my email is: rosssheehy@mac.com

Thanks!

Updated Maps

regards,
kkamal.

Hi... would you be able to provide the ISO for this map for me also? My email is wgibbs@gmail.com. Thanks!

Back