Advan RS help with sizing on a MS6

stavrosg

Ok I 've finally picked my wheels, now I am looking for advice on sizes.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Advan/advanrs.htm

The RS's come in two interesting configiurations;

18x7.5 5x114.3 +48mm

and

18x8.5 5x114.3 +50mm

No for the question. Does anyone know how the 7.5" will take 225/40. Will it rub, and am I rolling the fenders?

Same goes for the 8.5 and a 235/40, again will there be rubbing and rolling needed.

Any help, info, or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Stav

18x7.5 ET48 can fit 225/40 tires (the other mazda6 forum has a good sticky on wheel + tire sizing). It should also not require rolling.

What's the pricing on those? I'm imaging that it's pretty crazy (like $500-600 per wheel), but I love those wheels.

No way the 18x8.5 is going to fit without rubbing...no matter what tire you pick.

The results of my research show that you can put a 225 tire on a 7.5" rim with up to 48 offset. Others have done this and "claimed" they did not rub. I cannot speak from my own experience but I don't think you'll have a problem. If you are lowered, you obviously increase your chances of rubbing but rolling the fenders isn't really that big of a deal.

Just get a heat gun ($30 at Home Depot) and a rubber mallet. Warm up the metal and bang on it from the inside, the lip will curl up very easily. Do this a little at a time starting at one side and working to the other.

But even with rolling you are going to be very hard pressed to fit an 8.5" wheel on without it looking stupid...and you'll have to pull the fenders also.

Autoexe springs are on the way in, so there will be a 1 1/4" drop.

And yes they are pricey, about 500 shipped is what I am looking for.

From the looks of it, the 18x7.5 is the safer bet.

stavrosg said:
Autoexe springs are on the way in, so there will be a 1 1/4" drop.

And yes they are pricey, about 500 shipped is what I am looking for.

From the looks of it, the 18x7.5 is the safer bet.

Contact Rishie @ AutoRnd.com

He'll take care of you ;)

i have 18x7.5 48mm offset with 225/40 and springs and I don't rub at all even with 5 people on the car and luggage. so you're fine with that.

buit9110 said:
i have 18x7.5 48mm offset with 225/40 and springs and I don't rub at all even with 5 people on the car and luggage. so you're fine with that.

Did you roll the fenders? Also just wondering why you went with 40's instead of 45's.

no fender roll, and i went 40 because they didn't have 45 at the moment when I installed it but its not much difference either. 40 or 45 you still wont rub.

Back