I received my Shark Fin from the group by

wiskey5

:
Mazda, Mazda5 GT 2006 manual w/ac Carbon Grey
I install it this past weekend real easy. I really like the look.

Attachments

• SSPX0079.jpg
    SSPX0079.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 320
  • SSPX0078.jpg
    SSPX0078.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 378
  • SSPX0077.jpg
    SSPX0077.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 284
The important question is how is the reception? I have a stubby, 8" I think and I had a decreased reception over the OEM 5' antenna. I would only change if the shark fin was as good as the OEM pole.

Kid Red said:
The important question is how is the reception? I have a stubby, 8" I think and I had a decreased reception over the OEM 5' antenna. I would only change if the shark fin was as good as the OEM pole.

Did not see any difference, but I have to said I listen to my sirus radio 90% of the time.

Antennae

I too bought one from RPM.. I have the black Mazda5 as well and it was an easy install.. reception may be degraded a little bit but not really bad at all.
I love the look !

I too got one of the GB shark fins for my black 5 and love the looks, but I must admit that I do notice a loss in reception. Radio stations are lost about 20 miles sooner than you would with the OEM antenna while traveling distances. My local stations do not come in quite as clear either. I do not think I would have paid the full price for it had I known there was such a drop in reception. It just seems like too much money for the performance...

Reception? Just for kicks I screwed on the Sienna's 31" long antenna on the back of the 5. Better reception on the 2 weak stations, but it's the total aesthetic opposite of the sharkfin antenna.

Back