CX-9 Will ding while exiting when lights are physically on and switch is set to Auto

Hello All,

If I am correct, most people here have this annoying problem. When exiting the car, and the headlights are set to auto, the car dings when exiting the car (when lights are physically on and the switch is set to auto).

I talked to a mazda dealer, when I was there getting a quote to fix something. He said that the technician can fix that by programing the computer so it won't do that. It was supposed to be done when the car is preped. Does anyone car not do that ?....

Can someone confirm this (can be fixed by mazda)?

I would like to know if it can be fixed and should have. It is not that annoying, but if it can be fixed I will have it done when I take it in.

Whitesnake said:
Hello All,

If I am correct, most people here have this annoying problem. When exiting the car, and the headlights are set to auto, the car dings when exiting the car (when lights are physically on and the switch is set to auto).

I talked to a mazda dealer, when I was there getting a quote to fix something. He said that the technician can fix that by programing the computer so it won't do that. It was supposed to be done when the car is preped. Does anyone car not do that ?....

Can someone confirm this (can be fixed by mazda)?

We've discussed this issue before, but this is the first indication that there is a potential for a fix. On my side, I still have a pending call to Mazda Canada customer support to discuss this-- recall that I've escallated this issue and Mazda Canada has called me back, but when I was away on business for a couple of weeks. I haven't had the chance to call back yet, but will shortly and now will have this "rumour" to help. More details please ...

Lexx

Back