Looking at wheels.......tire question

Koenig

:
Black Cherry Mica MS6, Born 01/06
Ok So Im looking at new wheels, I suppose this would be more of a wheel question as well....... in the sense does anyone know how much the 18 inch wheels on the speed6 weigh?(dunno) I kinda sorta want to go 19 cause I've seen some pics online with 19 inch rims, to fill out the wheel wells a little bit, but at the same time I don't want them to add more weight, so I was hoping to find a 19 inch rim that weighed as much, or less (like racing wheels) than the stock factory rims. If anyone knows the weight or can point me in the right direction, much obliged

It's rarely "winter" season around Florida, I think the coldest it gets is about 65 degrees, so I don't see any real reason to buy "all season" tires...... but it does rain. And since I'm in the process of trying to decide on some new wheels, I'm most likely going to go new tires, and start out fresh, and keep the stock tires for any "emergencies"

I've been looking at the BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDWs, and the Falken Azenis ST-115s as well as the Nitto NT555

What's anyone's opinion on those? and might you know where to find some information about how long those tires will last and how well they perform in wet weather and not just dry?

I know they're considered some great tires, and through my gf's friend's brother I can get tires "at cost" wholesale, so I won't be spending a ton out my ass for retail value on these tires......even tirerack.com has a decent price on the BFGoodrichs..... I just want some good performance tires but that will last a minimum of 12 months, lol

Thanks for any advice......

No one can tell me anything about these tires............seriously?

Stock wheels 23.5 Lbs each, as far as the tires I have never read any reviews on them but they all seem to be good options.

wow the stockers are almost 24 lbs? geez...... thanks for that info man, I appreciate it.... those RAYS wheels I posted in another thread are under 17 lbs.... what an improvement.

I was just hoping to find out anything about the WEAR of those tires, I don't want to be replacing tires LESS than every 12 months.... that's too much for me.

and I don't want to sacrifice wet weather performance..... it can tend to rain a lot in southern Florida and people drive like assholes around here.... there are seriously more accidents when it RAINS around here, than when it's dry.... and it doesn't help that they paved/tarred the expressways, which basically means slick roads in the rain, so I want to have wet weather performance in case i need it.

why are you comparing 2 summer tires vs. an all season?. I think the only one that comes 19" in a size for the 6 is the nitto. be cautious if you go with 19's, I know of a 6 owner on another board in FL that got rid of his 19's after numerous blowouts and bent wheels

Try tirerackcom. Go to their tire reviews by actual buyers. It's helped me in the past as far as unbiased opinion goes.

dream weave said:
why are you comparing 2 summer tires vs. an all season?. I think the only one that comes 19" in a size for the 6 is the nitto. be cautious if you go with 19's, I know of a 6 owner on another board in FL that got rid of his 19's after numerous blowouts and bent wheels

No s***? LOL...... (hand)

I thought they were ALL summer tires... they certainly look like it.... winters down here aren't really cold, and there's NEVER snow, so I just want a great wet/dry tire.......... which one is supposed to be the all season?

I'm guessing the nitto, because the bfgoodrich has superior wet performance, and the falken azenis are used in drifting....

and as far as I know there are tires that are 225/35/19 from all 3 and i believe i saw 2 of them carry 225/40/19

Andrew thanks for the advice........ Also I decided I'll just go 18s as I want to lower the car 1.5 - 2 inches.

You can still go with 19s if you lower. It just limits your offset/width options because instead of rubbing the tire you may hit the actual edge of the wheel.

chuyler1 said:
You can still go with 19s if you lower. It just limits your offset/width options because instead of rubbing the tire you may hit the actual edge of the wheel.

I figured that much, there's a guy on here with some nice wheels (he has a picture in the wheel pic thread) he's running 19 x7 lowered and no issues..... I don't think i could go wider than 7 if I got 19"....... 7.5 would be pushing it......

Thanks for the help........ I might just go 18s and lower the car about 2"

Back