Belkin TuneDeck in Mazda 5 working?

P_bouchr

Have any of you bought the Belkin TuneDeck? Is it working in the 5?

F8Z064_tunedeck.jpg

P_bouchr said:
Have any of you bought the Belkin TuneDeck? Is it working in the 5?

F8Z064_tunedeck.jpg

I bought the Belkin transmitter/adapter that plugs into the lighter and plays the iPOD through the radio...Is this what you're referring to?
Mine works pretty good so far.
Anthony

Nah, it's an all-in-one cassette adapter / docking / charging station. Like on the image, the dock is inserted into the cassette adapter and serves as a holder. Nano only accessory. I have a cassette adapter, but I find this accessory cool.

lol... Yeah I bought it. The damn ipod adapter was unavailable at the time I bought my Mazda and since we're an ipod family we almost never burn CDs.

It took me some efforts convincing the salesman that I REALLY wanted to spend 200$ on a tape deck (screwy). I probably have bought the adapter though.

P_bouchr said:
lol... Yeah I bought it. The damn ipod adapter was unavailable at the time I bought my Mazda and since we're an ipod family we almost never burn CDs.

It took me some efforts convincing the salesman that I REALLY wanted to spend 200$ on a tape deck (screwy). I probably have bought the adapter though.
Never knew the cassette player was an option in the '5'. YOu probably have the only one around with that option.
I use a similar setup in my 323 GT where the cassette plugs into the headphone jack of the iPOD...Basically the same arrangement except that the iPOD does not sit as well as in the Belkin. This was a left over from my CD days.

Well I got it today, and the fit is perfect. Strangely, I only get the output on the right set of speakers, and the volume is somewhat doubled. I am just not sure if I got a defective unit or it is an incompatibility. I'll check with Belkin and report here :).

Back