Dash trim match

I think to match the wood pattern would be very difficult. You would be bettoer off with an aluminum kit.

sbmrinaldi said:
I think to match the wood pattern would be very difficult. You would be bettoer off with an aluminum kit.

1482_B_517_.gif

Cant imagine all that in aluminium - sorry :eek:

I am not sure I could see adding anything. Trying to match the wood will be difficult. Plus paying a couple hundred for a kit that is "peel and stick" doesn't make much sense to me.

Personal opinion only, but my GT has just about the right amount of wood. From the looks of the ad and the pictures on the web site, it's just too much wood for me. But as I said, it's just my opinion.

Dash Trim

I just purchased a CX9 White/Black Touring AWD. I am interested in adding some trim. Are they all the same or are there quality differences between manufactures. Has anyone heard of DBtrims and Dashkitmall?

No one says that you have to use all the pieces that come with the kit.
Wood grain-look trim is like high-lightings (think: lipstick). Don't over-do it.
IMHO, there are too many black plastic piece on the dash/center console and doors.

Ceric,

You are totally right. There are just too many black plastic pieces, especially on the Touring.

However,the hard part is finding the right color/pattern to add to the interior that does not look too busy. It is hard to vision how certain color would affect the interior feel just by looking at color/pattern samples on the web.

I was hoping some people will give suggestions.

Thanks.

My advice (and I am not gonna show you mine...) is not try to match the wood grain because you can't match exactly. Try to make a contrast. Think of it as an interior design issue.
I actually chose a light color wood-grain-look to contrast the dark one on GT.
A shining black would be nice also to contrast the black on the steering wheel. I thought about that.

Ceric,

You have a good point. It will be hard to match, so I will try to contrast. On the touring, there is very little silver accents. I am thinking of either going black to match the piano black from the car, or sliver accents like the GT models. DB trims is going to send me some real samples.

Thanks.

Back