Hello and Thanks!

Kungpao

:
2007 Mazda Cx9 Sport
Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and thanks! Found this site through (google) yesterday and my wife and I signed the papers on our new black cherry mica sport cx9 last night. We take delivery on it today because the dealer said that mazda makes it mandatory for every new car to have a "tune up" before it gets delivered.

The thanks part comes in because I've only been on this site for 2 days and already you guys have provided me with a couple of links to stuff we need/want. ala the homelink mirror from wayne and the crossbars from racksforall. Those were sweet lookin!

FYI... TuneUP?.. I think that's bull .... I purchased a car within 2 hours.. all they did is a prep.. make sure all the electronics are hooked up cleaned preped etc...

BTW.. don't buy a "car" from Wayne mazda of NJ.. they are crooks.. BTW.. they were flooded out last week.. so be carefull what you purchase!!!

Kungpao said:
Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and thanks! Found this site through (google) yesterday and my wife and I signed the papers on our new black cherry mica sport cx9 last night. We take delivery on it today because the dealer said that mazda makes it mandatory for every new car to have a "tune up" before it gets delivered.

The thanks part comes in because I've only been on this site for 2 days and already you guys have provided me with a couple of links to stuff we need/want. ala the homelink mirror from wayne and the crossbars from racksforall. Those were sweet lookin!

Whitesnake said:
FYI... TuneUP?.. I think that's bull .... I purchased a car within 2 hours.. all they did is a prep.. make sure all the electronics are hooked up cleaned preped etc...

BTW.. don't buy a "car" from Wayne mazda of NJ.. they are crooks.. BTW.. they were flooded out last week.. so be carefull what you purchase!!!

Yeah... don't worry, I'm calling :bs: on the tuneup thing too. More like Carwash. Not worried about it. Besides, I wanted them to take their dealer advertizing off of it. No sense in me risking scratching it cause I don't want to advertize for them. Got ours local to me. Most stealerships are the same way. Gotta shop around. Thanks for the tip on the flooded out bit.

Oh, btw, they didn't have anyone to clean it as we were there late night.

I purchased mine "right off the truck", so it took them a few hours to get the plastic wrap off, clean the road grime off, and generally spiffy it up. I purchased mine in the morning and picked it up after work.

picked mine up the same day, fully detailed, windows tinted and tanked up with gas!

thanx for the info, i was going to head over to Wayne Mazda over the weekend. Glad I checked into this forum. What place do you suggest in NJ to get CX-9, where I know i'll not be taken for a ride and it's still a good experience?

This is from the CX9 FQI Inspection sheet.

Mazda CX-9 Final Quality Inspection Checklist

Body/Interior - Function
* Check vehicle for any open recalls, SSPs, or MSPs
* Warning lights (check engine, seat belt, air bag, brake, engine oil, door charge, ABS, DSC/RSC, TPMS, AT, pass air bag off. TCS ODD, 4WD*, fuel cap, wrench
* Wipers and washers (front and rear), clean wiper blades if necessary
*Interior and exterior lights, dash switches (headlight aiming, rear cargo light), headlight leveling switch*. Set position to 0
*Confirm One-Touch Power Window operation for driver and front passenger position
* Confirm Power liftgate (if equipped) operation and two-way pich protection

ON HOIST
* Tire pressure (18" = 36psi, 20" 34psi) (include spare)
* Fuel level (if vehicle needs fuel fill with 87 octane or higher)
* Deliver with full tank
* 3 zone heater and AC (driver, passenger, and rear) and defroster in all mode settings

UNDER HOOD - ENGINE OFF
* Visually inspect fluid condition and level (engine, transmission, brake, coolant, windshield washer, battery)
* Battery terminal tightness
* Battery voltage and load test
* Visually inspect underhood components

Kungpao said:

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Mazdasales said:
This is from the CX9 FQI Inspection sheet.

Mazda CX-9 Final Quality Inspection Checklist

Body/Interior - Function
* Check vehicle for any open recalls, SSPs, or MSPs
* Warning lights (check engine, seat belt, air bag, brake, engine oil, door charge, ABS, DSC/RSC, TPMS, AT, pass air bag off. TCS ODD, 4WD*, fuel cap, wrench
* Wipers and washers (front and rear), clean wiper blades if necessary
*Interior and exterior lights, dash switches (headlight aiming, rear cargo light), headlight leveling switch*. Set position to 0
*Confirm One-Touch Power Window operation for driver and front passenger position
* Confirm Power liftgate (if equipped) operation and two-way pich protection

ON HOIST
* Tire pressure (18" = 36psi, 20" 34psi) (include spare)
* Fuel level (if vehicle needs fuel fill with 87 octane or higher)
* Deliver with full tank
* 3 zone heater and AC (driver, passenger, and rear) and defroster in all mode settings

UNDER HOOD - ENGINE OFF
* Visually inspect fluid condition and level (engine, transmission, brake, coolant, windshield washer, battery)
* Battery terminal tightness
* Battery voltage and load test
* Visually inspect underhood components

I get a kick out of the increasing amount of Salesman that sign up for one or two posts to clue us in. I'm feeling very enlightened thank you!!
(rofl)

That inspection is supposed to be done when the vehicle arrives at the dealer, not after its sold.

Mazda3 said:
I get a kick out of the increasing amount of Salesman that sign up for one or two posts to clue us in. I'm feeling very enlightened thank you!!
(rofl)

That inspection is supposed to be done when the vehicle arrives at the dealer, not after its sold.

actually PDI is done when the vehicle arrives (pre delivery inspection). This is to ensure that the vehicle has arrived in 100% working condition and is ready for the sales lot and test drives.

FQI is a final quality inspection that mazda has placed on a few of their vehicles (RX8, CX9, CX7, MS3, MS6) and is done when the vehicle is prepped for delivery.

so, laugh all you want, but he was nice enough to clue you in to what Mazda has specified what must be done after the vehicle is sold (and before delivery takes place).

B1GHAM said:
actually PDI is done when the vehicle arrives (pre delivery inspection). This is to ensure that the vehicle has arrived in 100% working condition and is ready for the sales lot and test drives.

FQI is a final quality inspection that mazda has placed on a few of their vehicles (RX8, CX9, CX7, MS3, MS6) and is done when the vehicle is prepped for delivery.

so, laugh all you want, but he was nice enough to clue you in to what Mazda has specified what must be done after the vehicle is sold (and before delivery takes place).

I worked in service at a Mazda dealer. He's right.

Prepping

I pulled out on a on a CX9 last weekend because the dealer was charging me a preping fee of $115 dollars on top on the S plan price. I asked what the prepping fee was for he said it was to clean and prepare the vehicle for delivery, I told him that is not my responsibility and that they were the first dealership that I heard this rubbish from... Why would I pay a dealer to prepare my vehicle for me to take up... so in other words, they are charging me to clean the vehicle, put air in the tires if necessary, buff and vacuum oh and to top it off, to fill my tank.... Is n't that something.

I refuse to pay any additional fees...

Please also be careful here in NJ there are several dealers example Wayne Mazda that sell you mandatory window etching for an extra $199 on top of their astronomical $299 documentation fees... This seems to be a way to make some good additional funds... the first question I now ask dealers is how much are your fees.... Thankfully I have found several dealers that charge on the low side 129-199 for doc fees and they do not do window etching....

I know everyone has to make some money but come on, not at my expense.

nj_jamaican said:
I pulled out on a on a CX9 last weekend because the dealer was charging me a preping fee of $115 dollars on top on the S plan price. I asked what the prepping fee was for he said it was to clean and prepare the vehicle for delivery, I told him that is not my responsibility and that they were the first dealership that I heard this rubbish from... Why would I pay a dealer to prepare my vehicle for me to take up... so in other words, they are charging me to clean the vehicle, put air in the tires if necessary, buff and vacuum oh and to top it off, to fill my tank.... Is n't that something.

I refuse to pay any additional fees...

Please also be careful here in NJ there are several dealers example Wayne Mazda that sell you mandatory window etching for an extra $199 on top of their astronomical $299 documentation fees... This seems to be a way to make some good additional funds... the first question I now ask dealers is how much are your fees.... Thankfully I have found several dealers that charge on the low side 129-199 for doc fees and they do not do window etching....

I know everyone has to make some money but come on, not at my expense.
You are smart to do so. I have seen a few dealers here in texas that do the same thing, but luckily non of the Mazda dealers I have been to. Some dealerships WILL try to get that extra money off you.

Back