Who has the CPE engine managment ?

zigger

Hey guys.. for those of you who have the CP-E EM can you chime on the Hp gains , smoothness and other things? I orderd mine it's just taking longer than expected I have a date for tuning but I just wanted to hear from some members here how they like it . Any dyno charts? Track times?
Thanks . I see that X-ceed was the 1st to break 12's..but $999 was just to much for my budget I am hoping the same or better gains with CP-e I trust them and I think it's going to be awesome with a Tune
Thanks

I have it. I've had it for two months and I love the way it makes my car feel. No dyno numbers yet - scheduling has been a b****. My car is totally stock and CPE will be using it for the base tune. I'll also be buying an Xcel intake and dynoing with that so I'll have a stock tune and stock+CAI.
As for how it feels now, it's completely different. The car pulls harder longer and even gets better gas mileage - probably b/c it's running 12.3ish:1 rather than the 10:1 AFR like it was stock... It's also easier to drive in traffic/around town. I feel like I have better control on the boost with the throttle. If I want to stay out of it, its easier to do. As I said though, it's much faster with the Standback.

do any of you guys have warranty problems when you install your intakes? I mean , are they cars still covered under warranty, yes? I heard only if they can prove the intake is what caused the problem in the first, I want to do base mods but not have a big trouble with the dealer IF anything does happen to the car......and I don't drive hard either, I just want the cold air intake, cause I know it's better air for the engine :D

The CAI will not void any warranty. Dealers don't like them and they are an easy excuse to fall back on should anything happen but it's B.S. Your dealer may try to claim something about the CAI but that's just because he thinks you'll fall for it. There is lots of information about this in multiple forums. Search Magnussen (sp?) Moss act.

This thread is about the CPE Standback EMS. Currently they have to be wired in as in ECU wires cut and soldered to Standback wires, etc. This is considerable and makes any warranty claim questionable. Best thing you can do is make the install as stealth as possible so the dealer never sees it.

Thanks for the advice man.. I know a bit about cars......so I can tell when I'm being bullshitted......like some guy trying to sell me a neon SRT-4 saying it had stage 2 upgrade from factory......when the dash was saying stage 1 and they don't come with stage 2 from factory....so i asked him for a dyno readout to prove it and he just stuttered......

anyway i digress, what i don't really know is warranty so i've been wanting to upgrade the exhaust and intake, but i don't want to get to the point that it voids warranty, it's under my impression unless the dealer can prove the cause of the problem came from that specific upgrade...... i'm going to be looking into the CPE standback EMS..... thanks again :D

Koenig said:
do any of you guys have warranty problems when you install your intakes? I mean , are they cars still covered under warranty, yes? I heard only if they can prove the intake is what caused the problem in the first, I want to do base mods but not have a big trouble with the dealer IF anything does happen to the car......and I don't drive hard either, I just want the cold air intake, cause I know it's better air for the engine :D

The dealer can void the warranty for anything and everythign! If your worried about any warranty issue..be sure to remove any mods b/4 going in!

You have been warned(thumb) !

acidbbg said:
The dealer can void the warranty for anything and everythign! If your worried about any warranty issue..be sure to remove any mods b/4 going in!

You have been warned(thumb) !

Actually I just asked today...... the new manager of the service department, I know him from another car dealership...... he told me that I can put an intake and an exhaust (after the cat, but not remove the cat) and I can still be serviced under warranty.... they would just have to be able to show that my mod caused the "defect" or caused the car to malfunction in order to not be serviced.

There is an alternate route.......for those with the money and patience..... a Mazda certified performance shop can install the mods for me and it'll still be warranted under service...... especially since i will have paper work showing the Mazda dealer, or a certified shop did the work to my car. (drive2)

but thanks for the advice about removing the mods before going in...... everyone seems to say just keep my stock parts and install them back on. ::shrugs:

I don't want to do too much to the car, I don't want to overrun the turbo and blow anything up...... cause I'd like to keep my car in working order, just looking for a LITTLE bit more power (naughty)

If you're talking about the dealer installing it.....from what I gathered from them, they have to order the product and install it for you? I don't think walking in with something you ordered to have them install it will be under warranty.

I believe that highly depends on the shop........since they can charge you what they want to charge you, unless they have POSTED prices in the lobby, for types of work done

I have looked and cant find anything, but what does the engine managment actually do? Can someone either explain it or show me someplace to read about them?? Thank u!

Re:

(drive) Just put mine in and I had the Boost till 17psi till 6200 rpms...(headbang)

Back