After market cross-bars & pics

In case anyone out there has the factory rails and can't wait indefinitely for the factory cross-bars to be available (like me). Here's a product that fits pretty well:
http://www.racksforall.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1461

They are made in Sweden by Mont Blanc. Model 3747-AW

They seem to be made really well-- nice, tight design, have built in locks and seem very secure when installed. FYI they are $199 + shipping.

I got mine yesterday and installed them in about 5 minutes. Super easy to install and remove in minutes-- and fit great. Here are some pics I took with them on my CX-9 T.

Peace,

omegaman

Attachments

• rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 784
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 694
  • rack3.jpg
    rack3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 628
  • rack4.jpg
    rack4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 769
Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I was told the factory crossbars would be here in JUNE! Ugh

Was looking at Thule crossroads towers and load bars. The Mont Blancs look like the Thule AERO bars and towers but are cheaper than the square bar set. Nice

Seeing it on your '9 also meant they would fit, avoiding having to fit the Thules at a local store.

I got mine at Proline Racks (www.prolineracks.com) for $183.95 WITH shipping.
I also got our Kayak Saddles there cheaper than stores.

Thanks again

Factory Cross Bars still not available

Spoke to Mazda Customer Service Friday. They are telling me that the cross bars will not be available until the end of the month (June 30th). Kind of crappy since I've had them ordered since the first of February when I bought the car. My family are going on vacation June 25 and today I had to spend $200.00 for aftermarket cross bars so I can mount my Thule storage box. Customer Service acted like they did not care. I lease my cars and like to buy the accessories with the purchase but was not able to do that with this vehicle. I have purchased a lot of cars over the last 20 years and this is the first one I can remember that accessories were not available when the vehicle came out. No wonder Mazda is going broke. Very poor marketing strategy. Too bad since this is a good car. It is every bit as good as the Millenia we owned in 1995. Will probably go back to a Honda. I remember when the Pilot first came out, the accessories were available before the car came in. The dealer installed them before I took delivery. Sorry, I'm just venting. The all weather mats just became available. Well, too little to late since kids have already messed up the carpet mats. This kind of vehicle should also have the back up sensors available as an option. Families will buy this car and find it hard to look behind them because of the car's big rear end. I can go on and on but I think you guys get the picture.

I agree with you. I have been waiting to order the all weather mats as well as some interest in the rack, sensors, etc. Very poor marketing on Mazda's part.

I am not sure if this is a US things, but at least for our CX-9 (in Ontario, Canada) that we picked up in late March, the roof rack and cross bars were easily available. I picked it up with cross bars installed.

Now some of the other accessories are longer here too, however.

sbmrinaldi said:
I agree with you. I have been waiting to order the all weather mats as well as some interest in the rack, sensors, etc. Very poor marketing on Mazda's part.

The thing that gets me is that Mazda does not seem interested in helping me out. How are they suppose to keep customers? I remember Volkswagen getting involved in a part they could not get and they air freighted it from Germany so I could have my car back in time to go on a trip.

I got an email from the dealer on Tuesday letting me know that my cross bars have shipped, and will arrive here next monday. I will let you know how the look and fit.

KRT-1 said:
I got an email from the dealer on Tuesday letting me know that my cross bars have shipped, and will arrive here next monday. I will let you know how the look and fit.

Too late for me. I'm leaving for vacation today without any of the accessories I needed from Mazda. I ordered the stuff 1st week in February when I took delivery of my car.

Just a small update. I got my original cross bars last week, but one of them arrived damaged. I called the dealer that I ordered them from, and they sent me a replacement. I just got done install both the factory cross bars, and the factory bug deflector. They both look great. The cross bars were extremely easy to install, taking less than 5 minutes. The bug deflector was more difficult, and required some drilling. I would guess the bug deflector took about 25 minutes to install. I will post a pictures of both the next time I get a chance to wash the CX-9.

The bug deflector was more difficult, and required some drilling. I would guess the bug deflector took about 25 minutes to install.

Is this the factory deflector that goes on the front edge of the hood? It says that it is supposed to be a "no drill" installation. I'm definitely interested in pictures of this, as I was considering purchasing this for our CX-9.

Yes, it is the one that goes on the front of the hood. The holes that you use are already there, but they are 3mm. You have to drill them out to 6mm to allow enough room for the new Push ins and a Nylon Fasteners. There are 4 that go on the front. I will post a couple of pictures next week.

Finally received my roof racks and cross bars this week (July 20). All weather floor mats will be here within one week.

Back