tire pressure, 225/40/18 Mazda 6 Speed

Templar

:
Mazda 6 MPS (Speed6), DP, Exhaust, Intake.
Hello team.

I've gotten myself a set of Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3 225/40/18
The old set being 215/455/18 using 38 PSI or 26 Bar's.

I'm wondering if the new set should use the same air pressure or I should increase it a pound or two because of the lower profile?

Thanks
Simon

Hi there.. I did up the pressure to 39 PSI from 38, not much but I felt it was enough for the car to feel a little bit more rigid in the turns. I'm keeping 39 psi in the tires for now, if anything I'll increase to 40 not down to factory 38 for the 215/245/18.
Would be great tho if some one could give us a scientifical explanation why what pressure should be applied.

BTW. Those Good Years are the best darn tires I've ever bought. Dry performance is really good and wet performance is truly amazing. Resistance to aquaplaning is superb and the tires wet traction is insane! The reviews were correct, this tires is a killer. Good Year says that their new Eagle Asymmetric is even better. The tires is made in Germany so they aren't BSing when they say it's a European tire. The tires is also 2x quieter then the Potenza. On another note though tho, the Potenza that comes with the car is an OE tire and might therefore not be as good as the Potenza tire you buy out in the store.

Thanks,
Simon

Back