radio lovers mod

NYMZ5

finally got around to adding an HD radio tuner (I got tired of paying for sat). Install was very easy, about 1 hr. Couldn't believe my luck on the fit of the controller, it's as close to oem as I could have wished for. HD radio is great if you live near a big city (I'm near NYC) and have alot of stations to chose from. The sound is unreal compared to standard FM. for those interested go here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uYk2UE0Emj8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=186650&I=60744000 and use this coupon for $20 off : 3A706
http://www.mazdas247.com:8080/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• mz5hd.jpg
    mz5hd.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 367
hot damn that looks sweet! Great install!!!

Did you have Sirius or XM and how would you compare sat vs HD? (excluding $12.95/mo)

Thanks jandree! I had XM. HD has nowhere near the selection, and a lot of stations have commercials, but I like having local radio and saving the $13 a month. Reception beyond about 50 miles from a transmitter does become an issue though. I'm lucky that here in NYC we have what I think is the best college public radio station in the east, WFUV, and they're HD.

Sweet! I saw this product a but didn't realize the face panel fit just so. Did you use an Auxmod or other adapter?

DICE Electronics said they're working on a Mazda-compatible unit, too. 6 months' wait, though.

Nice install man, very clean on stock looking. Congrats. Good idea too, as I would never mount or pedestal a device in my car. You have opened a door of possibilities, thanks for sharing.

As asked, did this occupy your auxmod port? I have an iPod connected to my auxmod and don't want to lose that.

I have it hooked to the adapter from speedline on ebay, the one that has both an ipod connector and a mini plug. the radio does have an fm modulator built in which I tried and since it's hard-wired through the cars antenna it worked very well. but of course for optimum sound using the rca out worked the best.

Looking clean!(2thumbs)

Great use of the mount location, I thought of using that area as well, but for a Phatbox.

I give you an A

It would be an A+ if the illumination was green.(wedge)

"It would be an A+ if the illumination was green."

yeah, that's my only beef with this unit. considering how many car audio units have multiple color options you'ld think that would be an easy one for them.
but thanks for the A, better than i ever got in class!(drinks)

Sirius Satellite!

Hey now! It's also the perfect mount for this!

Attachments

• SSPX0243.jpg
    SSPX0243.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 200
Back