New Mazda6 Dual-din Radio Kit (Japan Only)

P2K

:
DBA-BK3P
New dual-din kit for the Mazda6 for the 03-05 and 06-07 by a company called Kanatechs. We all waited long enough and now we have it.

TBX-T004 Link
03-05
36,100yen($304US)
t004.jpg

TBX-T006 Link
06-07
36,100yen($304US)
tbx-t006.gif

Closeup view
p1.jpg

One guy on the 6 forums said the JDM curciut boards with this kit won't work with the NA 6's and that the LCD screen that displays the climate and clock will be blank. I'm getting it and don't care about the climate, and will just use the clock on the HU I'm getting. If you decide to do that, then just keep all the stock stuff so you can put it back if you decide to sell your car later. That's what I'm doing. Besides, the curcuit boards might work afterall, you never know until you try it.

Last edited:
...but the speed6 was made in Japan, so wouldn't that mean this should work for the speed6 and not the regular north america 6?

I'm thinking the exact same thing, that's why I'm going for it. If the curciut boards don't work it's no big deal, I'll just make it work some other way.

it looks like the passenger airbag light won't be there either...plus you get a smaller hazard button. hmm...do they even ship to the US? P2K let us know how this works if you get it. :)

I Googled this kit and alot of sellers from Japan sell it so I'm sure one of them ship to the US. Shipping will be expensive, but I've been waiting for something like this ever since I bought this car so I'm willing to pay. I'll have to go to a website translator to understand everything, but I'll keep everyone posted as much as I can.

Why can't us Speed6 guys just get a dash kit that fits our #!($^#$(^ dash.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm still going to wait............(pissed)

SilverWidow said:
Why can't us Speed6 guys just get a dash kit that fits our #!($^#$(^ dash.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm still going to wait............(pissed)

QFT!!!!

Ok, just to give you guys an update on my progress. I wasn't able to find a supplier from Japan to export these over here or an importer except for one, CorkSport(duh). I emailed Derrick about this and this is the response he sent.

Hello Donte,

We sell the Kanatechs product line for the Rx8 and the other models. We just haven't gotten it up on the webpage yet. Does your car have automatic climate control or manual climate control? We hit a problem with the programming on the module which runs the climate controls for the North American models in the Rx8 which we have resolved. We have been discussing this with the engineers at Kanatechs already for the Mazda 6. We have asked for a kit to do some testing and I should have that finished up in about 3 weeks.

Thanks
Derrick

So, it looks like we too will have this kit for the NA Mazda6 and it will function properly. Let us all keep our fingers crossed. You can buy it right now from him for $412, but he hasn't worked out the programming and compatiblity flaws just yet. If you buy it now, you might figure out the flaws quicker than he can if you're knowledgable on reprogramming.

double din kit for 2004 mazda 6

anybody have any updates on the availability of the double din radio kit for a 2004 mazda 6?

Wow! I completely forgot all about this thread. It's been a minute since I've been in this one.

I don't have any updates, I never got back with Derrick on this. Some members on the Mz6 forum bought them through another importer, but I can't recall if they worked or not. There was a huge debate on the Mz6 forum discussing they wouldn't work with the Mz6 and would for the MS6 because all MS6 were assembled in Japan. I don't know what was assembled in Japan or not, but to be honest, I thought ALL Mazdas were assembled in Japan. I know for a fact my Protege, Mz5, and MS3 were.

I don't know the outcome of the debate because I stopped looking into this once I decided to trade in my 04 Mz6 for a 08 Mz5. Sorry.

All MS6s were assembled in Japan but not all Mazda6s. I think many are assembled in Canada and some in the U.S. But anyway, there is plenty of debating going on at the mazda 6 club . com site.

Back