Just got it! - (Long)

gtown36

Picked up my CX-9 on Friday. Touring, AWD, Stormy Blue with black leather, Bose/Moonroof pkg, roof rack and remote start. Ended up paying about $400 over the invoice cost. I was pretty happy with that. Took awhile to find a dealer willing to work with me. First I went to the closests dealer. Test drove the car, then then they offered a 24 hour test drive. So a week later I took it home for the overnight. My wife drove it. We put in the child seat, loaded up my 80 lbs black lab (hence the black leather) and drove around. Loved it. Droped it off the next day and was ready to talk $. They said they did not have what I was looking for and they would get back to me. I called a couple times and no returned calls. Next I started working with another dealer who gave me a quote based on the COSTCO Auto buying program. About $500 over invoice, I told him to get the vehicle and I'll give him a deposite. He then called back and said that he made a mistake, the quote was only good for vehicles in stock. He re-negged on his quote. I told him if he honored his quote, I would do the deal. Never heard back from him. Started talking to dealer #3. The sales guy there was the same sales guy I originally dealt with at dealer #1. He left dealer #1 because of conflicts with the GM. I liked the guy, so I gave him a shot. They did not have what I was looking for on the lot, they did not swap or search for cars and they could not tell me what is comming in. I said I would order the car if they would commit to $500 over invoice. They never got back to me. So, I then got a list of all the dealer in a 75 mile radius (I'm in the Boston area so there were well over a dozen), and started calling. I asked them if the had what I wanted on the lot. I gave them 3 color preferences, said I wanted to pay $500 over invoice and that If they met that we would do the deal that day. I had the money and financing all set and I had no trade. Talked to 3 dealers until I hit one who was ready to deal. They got me exactly what I was looking for and my first color choice. The car was ready in a couple days. Showed up on Friday, signed the P&S, The RMV1, signed over my checks and took the keys. Spent about 3 minutes in the Sales Manager office. They did not try to sell anything else to me. They got the plates, reqistration, got it inspected and gassed it up and I was gone in about an hour. The only issue was that the roof racks are back ordered and they don't know when they will get them. I'll get them installed when they arrive.

So, I've been driving it for about a week. Just getting used to everything. Seats are comfy and supportive. I like the fact that the leather is firmer and tougher then most leather I've sat in. I think it will hold up much better then the more plush leather I've seen in other cars. We'll see what a dog and two little kids (2.5 and new born) will do to the interior.

Gtown

Back