www.wheelsdirectonline.com review

Elicious

:
'06 Mazdaspeed6
http://www.wheelsdirectonline.com/
Wheels Direct Online

These guys are BAD! Stay away at all costs!

First off, the minor annoyance. To put it into perspective, here's an email transcript. The bottom one is the one I sent:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
No we do not get scratches while mounting them and balancing them. they are roadforced balanced. The policy is that we send you another wheel, and they should be properly balanced but if they are not we will do it again for you. You get lug hardware and rings with it.

XXXXX
1-954-XXX-XXXX
Lowest Prices and Free Shipping!
www.WheelsDirectOnline.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "XXXXXX"
To:
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:02 AM
Subject: Wheel and Tire packages

On your website it says that you can buy a wheel and tire package and it's mounted and balanced for free. Do you ever get any scratches on the wheels while mounting? And do you roadforce balance them? What is your policy if the customer recieves wheels that are either scracthed, or not properly balanced?

Lastly, does any hardware come with the package? Lug nuts and centering rings?

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so it looks like all of my mounting hardware should be included with the package right? Wrong! When I called to order he asked me if I wanted the lugs with my package. I said "They come with the package right?" And he replies "No they are $50 extra". LIARS!

Next, their website states that the 18" Enkei Evo 6 in Hyper black is $168 per wheel and 225/45/18 Kumho Ecsta SPTs are $104 per tire. ($168+$104)*4=$1088 with free shipping, free mounting and balancing as stated on their website. Well when I called to place the order I was quoted $1450 for the package, w/o lugs! WTF? So I ask him how much the wheels were by themself, so I can figure out the discrepancy between pricing. After a few moments he told me "sorry, I gave you the wrong number, it should be $1350." Ok, I thought to myself, that's still a farcry from $1088. So again, I ask "How much are the wheels alone?" When he finally gets back to me, he says "$934" 934/4 = $233.5, not $168. And he says "The reason that you're seeing $168 on the website is because that hasn't been updated. The price has gone up." No bro, it has not. It's simply called false advertising, and is considered illegal.

One more thing I want to add, everytime I called the same person answered the phone, if I even got an answer at all. Small time company with bad business practices. This company will go down in flames.

So stay away from Wheels Direct at all costs!

Customer service: 1/10
Pricing: Advertised 9/10, Actual 3/10
Comments: False advertisers!

Any site that calls themselves wheelsdirectonline and doesn't allow you to order securely from their site but instead makes you call...well...that's a no brainer.

chuyler1 said:
Any site that calls themselves wheelsdirectonline and doesn't allow you to order securely from their site but instead makes you call...well...that's a no brainer.

Exactly, just from the website itself you can tell it's a shady biz.

Back