Remote Hatch

stixman6878

:
'07 CX-9 GT, AWD, Navigation package, Moonroof/Bose package
Picked up my CX-9 GT last week ... love the vehicle. My only disappointment results from the fact that the remote hatch option was not available yet. Why that is, the dealer didn't know. Not happy with Mazda in the respect that a "fully loaded" vehicle was not available when I needed it ... I could not wait "a couple of months". The dealer also did not know whether my vehicle could be equipped with this feature at a later date.

So that's my question to anyone who may know ... is this a factory-installed feature only or will I be able to have this option installed in the future by the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

stixman6878 said:
Picked up my CX-9 GT last week ... love the vehicle. My only disappointment results from the fact that the remote hatch option was not available yet. Why that is, the dealer didn't know. Not happy with Mazda in the respect that a "fully loaded" vehicle was not available when I needed it ... I could not wait "a couple of months". The dealer also did not know whether my vehicle could be equipped with this feature at a later date.

So that's my question to anyone who may know ... is this a factory-installed feature only or will I be able to have this option installed in the future by the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

I'd check with your local speed shops. When I worked at the dealership we would send our cars out to local shops to have the work done. Unless it was a factory part(of course). Only problem is that we would call our local shops...get a quote...then add 20% and tell our customers.

I know it's probably not a direct answer you were looking for, but I hope it helped.

stixman6878 said:

Thanks in advance.

It could be done I suppose. There is the wiring, motor, multiple sensors and relays and the switch. A few days labor and maybe $800 in parts.

Get the service manual, electrical manual and body service manuals and have the dealer look up all the required part numbers.

Definitely not CHEAP!

stixman6878 said:

Thanks in advance.

From what I have heard it is factory installed only. I do know that the CX-9 GTs with the power lift gate have started arriving in Canada. My dealer found one for me at the port of Vancouver a week and a half ago and it shipped out via rail this week. I don't know when they will be widely available but you may want to go back to your dealer on this as it would seem they are available.

Back