my build

sevsev

:
'03 P5
This is what I've been up to over the winter :D

New suspension, custom interior stuff, bodywork and paint, and misc little things, anyways pics explain better

New suspension
Yep, air ride, this is one of the front struts from easystreet
air1.jpg

Tank and compressors, working on trunk layout
air2.jpg

Beauty panel made from half inch mdf
air3.jpg

Mess of struts and other stuff
air4.jpg

Tank plumbed
air5.jpg

Install day
air6.jpg

Fronts in, it goes a bit low
air7.jpg

Rears in and then rear fenders rolled so i can roll all down
air8.jpg

air9.jpg

Trunk setup
air10.jpg

Custom interior stuff
I choose a nice red micro suede to use to wrap, cause it was so stretchable. center peices wrapped
fab1.jpg

Couple of the pillars
fab2.jpg

Bought some extra seat skins to do custom inserts, only one complete seat upper and lower done yet
fab3.jpg

Headliner, center, and pillars all in, handles still need to be painted and visors done
fab4.jpg

Center with switchbox
fab5.jpg

Autometer civic pillar pod getting molded into the stock bezel
pod1.jpg

pod2.jpg

Isn't perfect but good for my first time I think
pod3.jpg

Not pictures of everything but most of it. I have other things to come along with picturess and videos. Goes in for bodywork and paint next week, shaving the front bumper holes, shaving the hatch, have a train horn waiting to go in, seats need to get finished, gauge bezel needs to go in. That's all for now though :) Some thanks to ENTENSE on the mazda forums for answering lots of questions about the easystreet struts, and Aitch from toronto protege for info on interior work

good stuff, I like the micro suede a lot.

what size rims are those? They look tiny, maybe it's just because the car's so low.

Damn, I hope that suspension is adjustable or you'll have to avoid speed bumps like the plague?

How many way adjustable is it? Just curious, but what sized lines are you running? I used to help a guy do air rides and hydraulics, so I'm interested in seeing yours. Looking sweet!

I am realling diggin the suade. I've been looking for ways to incorprate matte surfaces into my life...this is an inersting option for the upper dash. Could you do something like the suade with concave curves? Did you use spray adhesive or just stretch it?

:) Thanks

kickniteasy said:
what size rims are those? They look tiny, maybe it's just because the car's so low.
Their 17's, I love my rims but I hate how the style makes them look tiny at most angles. My next change after all this is 18's, but that's probably next year

SATimko said:
How many way adjustable is it? Just curious, but what sized lines are you running?
I can adjust each wheel independantly, front-back, or all, height depends on the amount of air in the bag. The shocks are 9-way adjustable dampening. 1/2" lines, 1/2" fills for the front and 3/8" for the rear fill and all dumps

NVP5White said:
Could you do something like the suade with concave curves? Did you use spray adhesive or just stretch it?
Lots and lots of spray adhesive (3m super 77 to be exact), my basement floor is going to be sticky for a long time. I'm hoping it'll all hold up fine in the summer heat

boostdprotegelx said:
very nice. i love those air struts..just tons of freakin weight..or i'd be getting them.
I think the struts themselves are lighter than a shock and spring strut but the weight in the trunk is definitely a lot, there is much lighter setups, but I like fast filling and lots of playtime :D

At only 120psi I can hop the rear off the ground a good 2" and also dog leg (one back wheel in the air) I'll put some vids up later

Damn, sweet ride! +1 for the interior, very unique. Awesome suspension too (cool)

macklum said:
Pump it up ,lots of clearance then . That car is going to be sweet .cant wait to see it done
Thanks for the seat skins, you can see they're being put to good use :)

Back