2007 CX-9 Owner's Manuals PDFs (Canada and USA)

Celcius

Lexx said:

Hello

Question:

Is it possible to see the temperatures in Centigrades?
The fahrenheit stuff really confuses :confused:
You have 32f for freezing and 212f for boiling water instead 0C and 100C (screwy)

Really could not understand why one should use F and pounds and feet and gallons?!?

Manual does not discuss the matter either.

BTW. My CX7, that I imported, had simple AMB putton holddown for few second to display C-s

Is it same for CX-9 ?

Dalton said:
Is it possible to see the temperatures in Centigrades?
Yes. Press and hold the OUTSIDE button for a while (the button below DUAL). That will toggle between F and C.

Dalton said:
Manual does not discuss the matter either.
It does, actually, but it is extremely well hidden :). That's the nice thing about the PDF Owner Manual, you can search it. Search for the word "centigrade" in the Canadian OM, hint: p. 234 (shady).

Dalton said:
Hello

Really could not understand why one should use F and pounds and feet and gallons?!?

Because that's what we "Boomers" have been taught in the US since Kindergarten. I can't relate to the metric system. (uhm)

lazyace13 said:
Because that's what we "Boomers" have been taught in the US since Kindergarten. I can't relate to the metric system. (uhm)

Metric system is very - very simple

One goal of the metric system is to have a single unit for any physical quantity. All lengths and distances, for example, are measured in metres, or thousandths of a metre (millimetres), or thousands of metres (kilometres), and so on. There is no profusion of different units with different conversion factors, such as inches, feet, yards, fathoms, rods, chains, furlongs, miles, nautical miles, leagues, etc. Multiples and submultiples are related to the fundamental unit by factors of powers of ten, so that one can convert by simply moving the decimal place: 1.234 metres is 1234 millimetres, 0.001234 kilometres, etc

Also there is a intresting map for you showing Metrication...

800px-SI-metrication-world.png

Dalton said:
Metric system is very - very simple

One goal of the metric system is to have a single unit for any physical quantity. All lengths and distances, for example, are measured in metres, or thousandths of a metre (millimetres), or thousands of metres (kilometres), and so on. There is no profusion of different units with different conversion factors, such as inches, feet, yards, fathoms, rods, chains, furlongs, miles, nautical miles, leagues, etc. Multiples and submultiples are related to the fundamental unit by factors of powers of ten, so that one can convert by simply moving the decimal place: 1.234 metres is 1234 millimetres, 0.001234 kilometres, etc

Listen, I couldn't agree with you more! The Metric System is a very simple system. I wish I'd been taught it when a child. The problem for me now is that I can't relate meters to yards or kilometers to miles and so forth. I have to stop and recompute the measurement in my head for it to make any sense. I'm just too old and senile for all that extra computation. :confused:(thinkbeer)

Navigation System User Manual?

Lexx or others,
Just picked up my CX-9 and noticed that I did not receive a "Navigation System Owners Manual", as referred by the main vehicle manual. Dealer only provided a useless Quick Start Guide/Booklet. Cannot even figure out how to change my clock setting as the main manual references this other one ... daylight savings time has apparently left me 1 hr behind.

Does anyone have this Navigation System Manual?

Thanks in advance ...

stixman6878 said:
Lexx or others,
Just picked up my CX-9 and noticed that I did not receive a "Navigation System Owners Manual", as referred by the main vehicle manual. Dealer only provided a useless Quick Start Guide/Booklet. Cannot even figure out how to change my clock setting as the main manual references this other one ... daylight savings time has apparently left me 1 hr behind.

Does anyone have this Navigation System Manual?

I do have the paper book in additional to the owner's manual labelled "Navigation System Owner's Manual". This is a Canadian book, so both French and English. The English portion is 90 pages. I did not receive anything resembling a quick start guide.

Setting the clock is on p49 of that nav manual. It is pretty well hidden. See attached scanned PDF page, but basically:

Menu -> Navigation Setup -> Calibration -> Set Clock

Attachments

• scan192.pdf
    664.7 KB · Views: 942
Lexx said:
I do have the paper book in additional to the owner's manual labelled "Navigation System Owner's Manual". This is a Canadian book, so both French and English. The English portion is 90 pages. I did not receive anything resembling a quick start guide.

Setting the clock is on p49 of that nav manual. It is pretty well hidden. See attached scanned PDF page, but basically:

Menu -> Navigation Setup -> Calibration -> Set Clock

Thanks for the assistance, Lexx ... it's much appreciated!

I definitely did not receive this manual ... guess I'll be headed back to the dealer to get one.

Back