Rear seat climate control?

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
I took a second test drive in a CX-9 yesterday, yet forgot to check whether the rear climate control is automatic, as the brochure implies.

With the rear temperature knob, do select an actual temperature number, or is it just cold----hot, a manual setup?

P5w3kids said:
I took a second test drive in a CX-9 yesterday, yet forgot to check whether the rear climate control is automatic, as the brochure implies.

With the rear temperature knob, do select an actual temperature number, or is it just cold----hot, a manual setup?

automatic dual (front) zone climate control and manual rear climate control.

if you turn the rear zone on from the driver's controls, they adjust temp and fanspeed. direction, however is automated through the front climate control. So if the front is directed @ the feet, so will the rear...

so its kindof both auto AND manual, depending on how you look @ it.

"Automatic" means you can set a temp and forget it. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Thanks for the response.

P5w3kids said:
"Automatic" means you can set a temp and forget it. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Thanks for the response.

LMAO I know what automatic climate control is (thank you though).

and actually automatic climate control not only controls the temp. based off of presets, it also controls direction as well as fan speed.

direction is automated for the rear climate contol, however fan speed/temperature is in a "manual" setting but not cheap looking/feeling @ all. but no you dont set 68 degrees and it does the rest. It only automates direction, so depending on how you look @ it... it CAN be considered automatic (since a functioning part of the system is controlled automatically)

Back