Blinking radio lights

Sponge

:
07 Legacy Wagon/07 Mazda5/86 CJ-7 (the toy)
All of the button lights blink intermentiantly (sp?) on our new 5's radio?

Loose ground?

We have an appointment w/the dealership next week to get it fixed...but figured I would see if anyone else has had this problem and if there is an easy fix?

Thanks

I've not heard nor read anything about this type of problem. What did the trip to the dealership turn up?

Is the unit rebooting?

MFive said:
I've not heard nor read anything about this type of problem. What did the trip to the dealership turn up?

We had an issue where the lights were flashing, but it was actually the unit rebooting (you could see the Welcome screen come up quickly). Turned out to be a loose battery cable.

Going in on Monday...check engine light just came on today too??? It has 2,800 miles on it my wife called me freaking out...

Mine blinked last night, too.

Something either in the signal stalk or left hand side of steering column is making clicking noise to cause the blinking.

It happened after turn signal is used.

Now I can't repeat the problem.

Any follow up, Sponge?

the blinking is probably from the dimmer switch near the speedometer being caught right in between the two settings bright and dim.

you know what i mean? for instance, if you run your headlights on a day when it's not really dark (overcast) you will notice that your radio light is too dim. so you turn the little knob sticking out of the speedometer to the right and it will brighten the radio background light for you.

if that knob is right in between the two settings, it will cause the radio lights to flicker. i finally figured it out on mine. i'm glad i didn't bring it to the dealer.

Back