Noob Question - SQUEELING BRAKES

PureMuscle

:
'05 6s
OK, so I'm not so sure if I screwed something up or just bad timing/luck.

I just finished washing/waxing/detailing my car. Top to bottom, left to right, etc...

I didn't spend a lot of time drowning my wheels and brakes but I noticed shortly after I drove away my brakes are suddenly squeeling a LOT. At first it was when I applied pressure to the brake, then I had to put my car in reverse and I heard it then, I also heard it just slowly coasting through my apartment complex...

I'm sure it could be a 100 different things, but is it possible it's just excess water?

Thanks, sorry for the noob question.

-Anthony

OK, well the squealing was out of control today. It sounded REALLY bad.

I took it to a shop and they told me all it required was new pads (whew!) - it's running like a champ once again.

They did however tell me that they think the dealer should repay me for the brakes and labor since I had only had the car a little over 3 weeks. Of course I agree. I'll duke it out with the dealer and see what happens...

Thanks for the suggestion!

-Anthony

Snafu said:
You should have taken the car back to the dealer. You probably have a frozen caliper.

It seems to be running fine at the moment. They showed me the brake pads, and I could see where the indicator was hitting the rotor. Taking the car to the car to the dealer is a 1.5 hour trip one way... it's a pretty inconvenient pain.

But, so far so good.

I had that problem when Im in reverse only usually backing up into a spot when my wheel is turn most of the way. Its annoying but it doesnt bother me enough to go to the dealer

Back