Plum Mica?

Same here, not dealer nor road. I really like the color though.

So far the only place where I've seen some Plum Mica MZ5 pics is the Mazda Japan web site (a little bit Photoshop-ped perhaps)... (boom07)

http://www.premacy.mazda.co.jp/

perfecto said:
Has anyone seen the Dark Plum Mica color yet? Any pictures?

I read this on the Web today, so that may be the cause. The source is from a different forum, so please don't take it as a Mazda fact (shady)

"I contacted Mazda USA and they told me that they are not going to start manufacturing any 2007 Mazda 5's in the new plum color until January. They said that these will go on sale in March 2007 at the earliest"

I'll stop by at the dealership later this month to see what they have :D

Unless I want to trade in an 06 with just 8000 miles on it I will be keeping my wife AWAY from the dealership. She loves purple cars and I don't need the short term depreciation hit!! :).

as June starts tomorrow and nothing around the dealers here... Any real "purple" MZ5 pics yet in Canada or US? The Photoshopped version I have attached is getting old and boring (come on, it cannot be fake (?))... (sleep) (scratch)

Attachments

• MZ5_plum_mica.jpg
    MZ5_plum_mica.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 609
Last week, a coworker of mine, who is between cars, had one as a rental for a few days. Amazing how such a unique color made it into a rental fleet. I do not know the agency, but it is in the area of Annapolis/Baltimore, MD. I did not get any pics - did not realize they were still so scarce. It is an interesting color and pretty cool - at a distance and in shade it looks black - as soon as it is at closer range and definitely in direct sunlight - PLUM MICA!

Thanks guys, so it does start showing up (even as a rental (boom05)). I did what starlightmica did and expanded the radius miles to 50, now a sport model comes up. Nahhh, too many miles just to see it, I'll wait :D

Yes, I was told that the color effect is like the one Mntnbkr describes. Purely metallic "purple" would be a "Whatever", but this one seems cool (worth a MatchBox die-cast maybe? ;))

I expect major changes in the maz 5 colors for 2008.

Plum or AKA Phantom Purple in the mazda 3 world... well it will most probably look sharp but dont put a F'n beige interior.

Cant wait

Can anybody share pictures of a Plum Mica 5?

I'm currently having my local dealer locate a manual tranny car for me and he has come up with two from out-of-state - one Phantom Blue and the other Plum Mica.

The internet and brochure colors are horrible to judge by. I've seen a Phantom Blue RX8, and I'm not crazy about it - but I'm wondering how purple the plum actually is.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit: I did look through all nine pages of the owners info and the whole thread of owners pics, but found nothing.

Last edited:
sorry jkrom1... I just bought your car!
I am assuming that the phantom blue car you were looking at was the one in Virginia, and the plum mica was the one in North Carolina. I got the plum mica 5 speed touring located in Cary, NC.
So far, I'm very pleased and despite some razzing from co-workers about my purple minivan (that's what THEY call it!) I'm enjoying it a lot.
The other posters are correct... on a cloudy day, in a garage, or in the evening, the car appears almost black. In direct sunlight, the metallic purple shines through. I'll try to get some pix posted in the very near future.
BTW, I just this afternoon stumbled onto this forum and joined. This is my first post....

Last edited:
I am assuming that the phantom blue car you were looking at was the one in Virginia, and the plum mica was the one in North Carolina. I got the plum mica 5 speed touring located in Cary, NC.
So far, I'm very pleased and despite some razzing from co-workers about my purple minivan (that's what THEY call it!) I'm enjoying it a lot.
The other posters are correct... on a cloudy day, in a garage or in the evening the car appears almost black. In direct sunlight, the metallic purple shines through. I'll try to get some pix posted in the very near future.
BTW, I just this afternoon stumbled onto this forum and joined. This is my first post....

Just goes to show....You snooze you lose.
I can't believe that these cars are so hard to come by. I would have thought the dealers would have surplus inventory.
BTW, congrats on the new wheels....Hope you have many enjoyable hours driving around (drive2)
Anthony

The other posters are correct... on a cloudy day, in a garage or in the evening the car appears almost black. In direct sunlight, the metallic purple shines through. I'll try to get some pix posted in the very near future.

Welcome... I kinda miss our old 5. I have the black cherry mica CX-9 which looks like the same thing as the plum you guys describe.

The other posters are correct... on a cloudy day, in a garage, or in the evening, the car appears almost black. In direct sunlight, the metallic purple shines through. I'll try to get some pix posted in the very near future.

Cool! Finally one shows up in the forums (thumb). Welcome and show off some pics of your Soccer Mom Car! :D LOL.

So possibly the one I once pictured in Europe is the a purple mica. If you see the attachments it really looks very dark (yeah, black), but in-person looks much nicer, especially with the changes of contrast depending of the angle and the light...

I also hope your pics are better. I do suck in photography :)

Attachments

• Mazda_Halle_June_28_2007 005.jpg
    Mazda_Halle_June_28_2007 005.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Mazda_Halle_June_27_2007 015.jpg
    Mazda_Halle_June_27_2007 015.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 171
As promised, here's some quick snapshots I took earlier this evening of my plum mica MZ5 touring 5 speed... hope you like them (and yes, I know, a tripod would have helped a bit in the fading evening light!)
Generally, this color almost appears black, and the purple hue shows best in direct sunlight. The shot of the interior with the portion of the doorpost showing most clearly shows the plum color, imho.
I did not realize I had such a rare color when I chose this car (actually it was the only touring 5 speed I could find locally and had just arrived at the dealership), but now I'm glad I have it...after some initial reservations (!)
I can try to take some better ones in daylight as time permits if need be...
Cheers to all...
Dan (cheers2)

Attachments

• front quarter mz5.JPG
    front quarter mz5.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 359
  • mz5 front.JPG
    mz5 front.JPG
    385.2 KB · Views: 282
  • mz5 side.JPG
    mz5 side.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 375
  • mz5 inside.JPG
    mz5 inside.JPG
    540.5 KB · Views: 371
I like it already. I don't see any weirdo purplish tones anywhere at all. The camera flash reflection shows the color contrast nicely. I can just imagine the looks on a sunny day (2thumbs).

Thanks for sharing! if you wanna trade it for an 06 carbon gray, PM me, LOL :D

Thanks Dan, but you didn't steal my car - I still have my choice between the two (they're both Sports w/moonroof and Preferred Package somewhere in Ohio or Indiana).

I went ahead and told him to get the Phantom Blue. I looked the color on an RX8 again, and it wasn't nearly as greenish as I was thinking. The Plum looks great in your pics, but I'm still just a little too nervous about ordering a purple car sight-unseen!

So, we should have our new ride within the next couple of days!

Back