Any opinion on Potenza RE960AS tires?

bs_potz_re960as_pole_ci2_l.jpg

What are your current tires??

The 225/45R18 Look's OK.

The 400 treadwear rating means they will be less sticky than stock MS6 tires....if that's what you have. Tirerack gives them great ratings and long tread life.....but they cost a little more than the Pirelli's.

I'm running Pirelli PZero Nero's and they work just fine for winter tires, as long as the snow doesn't get more than 4-5 inches deep.

Last edited:
I was wondering that myself. I just picked up my MSP a month ago and it had winter tires on it. Those Potenzas caught my eye too, generally seeing positive reviews of them.

Of course, tire rack has shining reviews in almost every type of recommended tire on there, so who do you trust more for the bucks, right?

Gasological said:
Of course, tire rack has shining reviews in almost every type of recommended tire on there, so who do you trust more for the bucks, right?

I don't agree, I have seen many tires that have poor ratings by consumers on there, the true ratings are by the people that have previously bought them not the ones just from tire rack.
I usually will look under customer comments and look for people that own vehicles the same as mine or similar such as a Subaru Legacy GT and see how they feel about the tires before considering them further.

I have looked at the 960 myself and have them high on my list of possible tires to replace the stockers with, but I will be using the 225/40-18 not the 45.

jdub260 said:
bs_potz_re960as_pole_ci2_l.jpg

What are your current tires??

The 225/45R18 Look's OK.

The 400 treadwear rating means they will be less sticky than stock MS6 tires....if that's what you have. Tirerack gives them great ratings and long tread life.....but they cost a little more than the Pirelli's.

I'm running Pirelli PZero Nero's and they work just fine for winter tires, as long as the snow doesn't get more than 4-5 inches deep.

I need to check, Michellin's I think (came new with the car - bought it used). I definately want great handling but I'd like a quiet ride too!

Gasological said:

I'm partially basing my choice off of TireRack and it seems like nothing could touch the Bridgestones. I believe a Yokohama set came close, but the Bridgestone supposedly holds up well with snow and ice.

In Southern Maryland we don't get the snow and ice too bad (especially where I live - near the water) but we do get "some"

Back