Lowering your 5

joeboy

:
2010 MS3 CWP
Has anyone had this done yet? I know that H&R produces springs along with a few other suppliers. But in terms of installation, my dealership quoted about $450!! (CDN) for the springs and about $700 for install and realignment. I know it's a large amount of labour but just checking it this sounds right?

If anyone had their 5 lowered in the GTA area, please send your feedback. Looking for less expensive options (if there are any).

Thanks!

I'm not from the GTA (actually I was), but I'm located in Calgary AB.
I installed a set of H&Rs on my Mazda5.
The spring set cost me approx $350 and the installation was $175 all in canadian funds.
I wouldn't go to the dealer for this if I were you.
Anthony

Thanks for your feedback antlind. I'm going to cost it out elsewhere.

Having you ride lower by about 1.5", do you come across many clearance problems? How's the ride quality?

joeboy said:
Thanks for your feedback antlind. I'm going to cost it out elsewhere.

Having you ride lower by about 1.5", do you come across many clearance problems? How's the ride quality?

Well.....I'm on my second front bumper.....A few months ago I wrecked the front bumper in a car park.....It was dark and I ran into a concrete curb totalling the front right side fo the bumper. I posted pics some time ago.
So the lowered ride does require much caution....As for ride quality I love it.....It is a bit sharper but not anymore than when I lowered my Protege back in the day.
I would suggest you go for it.

i put my 5 on H&R springs last night and the result is awesome. there is a noticable improvement in handling. question for antlind; did your suspension settle at all, and if so how long did it take?

i'm getting AutoExe springs in few weeks... just have to wait little more since it's coming from Japan. along with other AutoExe parts!!

i'm getting AutoExe springs in few weeks... just have to wait little more since it's coming from Japan. along with other AutoExe parts!!

Hey GreenTea, which parts did you order from AutoExe?? Do you mind sharing your vendor??

Hey GreenTea, which parts did you order from AutoExe?? Do you mind sharing your vendor??
well, me being Japanese and born and raised there, i was able to talk directly with AutoExe.
but they did recommend their local importer in Vancouver, WA. which was great since i'm in BC,(canada) and they are close.(thumb)
CorkSport can get pretty much any AutoExe parts.
as for the AutoExe parts i got?? let's just say i kinda got carried away and spent little more than my original plan....

green tea, can you elaborate? im thinkin of going with the complete autoexe body kit etc.

Latest posts

Back