For those with an AuxMod..

vw mofo

:
2007 Mazda5 Touring
If they are in stock (which the site says they are), how long does it take for it to be shipped?

TIA!

I got mine in about 3 days to NY. Plus when it needed an update I sent it back and it was returned reflashed with new mounting stickies within the week.

Kid Red said:
Whatever happened to their advanced one with iPOD steering wheel support?

If I had to guess (which I do) I'd say they are bogged down writing firmware to talk between the iPod and the car and reliably translating messages. Part of my job supporting various home automation equipment is often hacking of undocumented or partially documented protocols and it's a pain! Even after you think you've got everything working you realize you missed a bit here or there, or it ends up not working always the way you thought or any other dozen silly things that embedded systems builders do that just doesn't make sense from the outside of the box ;)

I dont know that for certain of course, since they aren't talking about it at all. I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking specifically about that and asking if the serial data from the controls was available on any of those unmarked pads on the regular version for us poor carputer folks who dont really care to wait for the full ipod thing to get done, but no answer so far.

If it takes too much longer, I'm going to have to try to hack their hack ;) But I'm worried about just connecting things to the lines as I doubt it's regular serial port voltage levels, everything in these cars is custom and non-standard outside the industry so I will probably end up trying to balance my old oscilloscope on the drivers seat while hanging out the passengers side trying to hold clips on the terminals as I reach around and push buttons... So far me desire for steering wheel controls haven't overcome my apprehension about how much of a pain that is going to be...

Back