Hot off the presses!!!!

Mazda3

:
2007 CX-7 GT and 2008 Tribute GT AWD
Folks, this is big!!!

Some might remember me casually mentioning in another thread that Mazda was working on a 3.7L version of the new 3.5L.

Well its just confirmed this morning by my sources that the 2008 CX-9 will have a 300 HP 3.7L V6!!!!

Given that the 263 HP 3.5L V6 is already producing acceleration times as good as the 300 HP MDX the 08 model should be king of the hill.

Also in the Canadian models bluetooth will be standard equipment and a blind spot monitoring system on the upper models.

shalezoom3 said:
thats great....now they need to stick that 3.7L in the upcoming Mazda 6

Fingers are definately crossed on that one!!!

No confirmation of that at this point, but 300 HP would sure trump the Accord, Camry, and Altima!!

But good to see Mazda upgrading the V6's....cause we know the 4cly are good....the previous v6s have been under powered

shalezoom3 said:
But good to see Mazda upgrading the V6's....cause we know the 4cly are good....the previous v6s have been under powered

The 2.3L is being upgraded as well the 2.5L's w/175+ HP.

Oh wow that is great to hear.....i still thought they should have been able to get more power out of that 2.3L though.

More power is nice...but in order for Mazda to "trump" the Accord and Camry they will have to improve gas mileage as well.

chuyler1 said:
More power is nice...but in order for Mazda to "trump" the Accord and Camry they will have to improve gas mileage as well.

Thats the beauty of this new engine it will get as good or better fuel economy with considerably more power.

Mazda3 said:
Folks, this is big!!!
Well its just confirmed this morning by my sources that the 2008 CX-9 will have a 300 HP 3.7L V6!!!!
Any idea when this will be available? Will it be the standard V6 for the GT?

Just ordered one last week so I am really anxious to know if I need to wait or make any changes to my order!

shalezoom3 said:
Well thats for the 08....you may have to wait awhile for that engine to take status on the assembly line.
Read some place that orders taken this month would be for 08 model year.

737Capt said:
Read some place that orders taken this month would be for 08 model year.

Production starts in June for the 08 model. Ordering is usually about 3 months ahead so this should be soon. The 3.7L will be the standard engine on all models. Please don't tell your dealer where you got the info. The more low key we keep my updates the easier it will be for me to share with the group.

Help wanted

Any news on Engine departement - when,
how much might the MSRP change because the engine swap etc. ?

I'm very anxious to buy one - first i waited for PLG to be available and now it seems to be worth to wait for the 3,7L engine.

BTW do you know any dealer who is willing to export ( i mean no sales tax and stuff?) Because i'll live in Europe and allready they say that CX9 will not be available here. Even the CX7 will arrive to the dealerships late august 2007 (shrug)

Last edited:
3.5L ford engine on cx-9

Mazda3 said:
Folks, this is big!!!

Some might remember me casually mentioning in another thread that Mazda was working on a 3.7L version of the new 3.5L.

Given that the 263 HP 3.5L V6 is already producing acceleration times as good as the 300 HP MDX the 08 model should be king of the hill.

Also in the Canadian models bluetooth will be standard equipment and a blind spot monitoring system on the upper models.
HI, I am new to this forum.
I got the cx-7 5 month ago and very happy with it, but it's missing a lot of little things which counts. I am thinking of trading my cx-7 to cx-9.
I saw it on NY auto show and I'm in love, the only stoping point for me is the 3.5L ford engine.
From my knowledge the 3.0L DOHC (the earlier type) was a disaster!!!
Is it safe to say that Ford maybe did this 3.5L betterr?
And also the new 3.7L engine, is it Ford upgrade of 3.5L or it's a Mazda engine?
Thanks!

2.3 to 2.5

Mazda3 said:
The 2.3L is being upgraded as well the 2.5L's w/175+ HP.

I am actually interested in the Mazda5. Is the new 2.5 going to find its way to that model?

Back