Hyundai Veracruz price and features comparison

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
Hyundai just released base (but not option package) pricing for the Veracruz, a new model similar to the CX-9. It's not as sporty as the CX-9, but a bit more upscale and luxurious.

I'll have Veracruz pricing on my server soon. A quick comparison found it about two grand less than the Mazda.

Vehicle price comparisons

P5w3kids said:
Hyundai just released base (but not option package) pricing for the Veracruz, a new model similar to the CX-9. It's not as sporty as the CX-9, but a bit more upscale and luxurious.

Exterior does not impress me. (scratch)
Did you conclude the "upscale and luxurious" from your personal impressions or from some picture gallery over the web?

I have not seen a good pic of the exterior, but from past cars I have not one Hyundai with the styling that I would consider. The other major issue for me is the very poor resale value. With the increasing cost of the Hyundai cars closley approaching the Honda/Toyota and other very solid resale value cars i would have a hard time buying one. I know JD Power ranks the Hyundai owners as very satisfied as well as good mechanics, but the resale value is still not there.

I find it VERY hard to believe anything made by Hyundai would be even close to the same scale as the CX-9. There's been alot of hype around some of the Hyundai product lately, but when I check it out for myself its still the crap it always was.

Dalton said:
Exterior does not impress me. (scratch)
Did you conclude the "upscale and luxurious" from your personal impressions or from some picture gallery over the web?

Personal impressions. But be aware that the one at the shows has a brown leather interior much like the one Mazda offers in the Mazda5, which does tend to lend an upscale feel.

The Veracruz exterior has clearly been patterned after Lexus sedans in terms of cues. It'll appeal to the same crowd that find Lexus exteriors appealing. It's not necessarily my cup of tea, but I think they're on-base in thinking that's where the core of the market is.

Buick has gone for a similar look with the Enclave.

Back