Anyone order a CX-9?

737Capt

Has anyone ordered a CX-9? If so, did you receive any kind of confirmation or an estimated delivery date from Mazda?

I ordered a GT last week but have not received any information in regards to my order. Should there be any information provided to me to confirm the order was made? Should I get some kind of estimate as to delivery date?

Can you share with us any details on what you ordered and pricing

737Capt said:
Has anyone ordered a CX-9? If so, did you receive any kind of confirmation or an estimated delivery date from Mazda?

I ordered a GT last week but have not received any information in regards to my order. Should there be any information provided to me to confirm the order was made? Should I get some kind of estimate as to delivery date?

Whitesnake said:
Can you share with us any details on what you ordered and pricing
Sure. I ordered a FWD Grand Touring with the following options: RSES with Bose Audio pkg, Grand Touring Assitance pkg, Towing pkg, Compass Homelink Auto Mirror, Sirius Sat and wheel locks.

Pricing I get a really good deal because my Dad works for Ford. S-Plan price is invoice price. Total was $36,125.

(hi) Welcome...I can't believe we're already welcoming CX-9 Members!

Be sure to post (pics) when your baby arrives! :D

I am not sure how good the S plan is. Can you give the retail price and what you paid? I was quoted on the S plan around $2000 to $2500 off MSRP. I negotiated a better deal than that and bought last week.

Did you have a trade in?... if so, sometimes they give you more for the trade-in... On a MSRP of 39095 (35254 list) they were quoting me 37500. My trade-in they were giving me 20000 (worth on Galves was 22,200 & Kbb was 21000).

BTW.. How much did they charge you guys for Documentation fees & did they force you to purchase window etching

sbmrinaldi said:
I am not sure how good the S plan is. Can you give the retail price and what you paid? I was quoted on the S plan around $2000 to $2500 off MSRP. I negotiated a better deal than that and bought last week.

sbmrinaldi said:
S-Plan = dealer invoice price

Whitesnake said:
BTW.. How much did they charge you guys for Documentation fees & did they force you to purchase window etching
These are fees used to increase their profit margin. I would never pay for window etching! Another similar scam is "appearance pkgs" also known as pinstriping. Never pay for these things!

No trade in. According to dealer numbers it was $200 under invoice.

Steve

Whitesnake said:
Did you have a trade in?... if so, sometimes they give you more for the trade-in... On a MSRP of 39095 (35254 list) they were quoting me 37500. My trade-in they were giving me 20000 (worth on Galves was 22,200 & Kbb was 21000).

sbmrinaldi said:

your dealer was not upfront with you. S-plan is dealer invoice for a vehicle. The idea of S-plan is so you DO NOT have to negotiate a price on a vehicle. It IS the absolute best way to buy a Mazda... Its invoice, not a penny more.

keep in mind though, S-plan is to be used @ the dealer's discretion so they dont have to offer it, but it sounds like in your case they didnt honor the true S-plan price.

My negotiated price was better than invoice. I had my brother who has the plan quote the same vehicle at another dealer and it was more.

Hey Guys... I justed place an order for a CX-9 and the dealer told me that they are now building 2008 production year. I wanted to know if those who order in the past week got a higher price for 2008 model? When I placed my order I was priced for a 2007 just wanted to know if dealers our there will honor that price or else jack it up to 2008 pricing. Which I think is unfair to the consumer since we are only in the 2nd quarter of this year.

737Capt said:

Just got my new baby!!!!! Ordered on Apr 14th (11 days ago). CX-9 AWD GT NAV, RES. Some accessories (such as auto dimming mirror with compass and HomeLink, cargo net) are still on backorder.

Ordered a CX-9 GT the last week of March.

All production allocations were filled for April so......

It will be built on May 25th and will be a 2007 model.

CX9buyer said:
Hey Guys... I justed place an order for a CX-9 and the dealer told me that they are now building 2008 production year. I wanted to know if those who order in the past week got a higher price for 2008 model? When I placed my order I was priced for a 2007 just wanted to know if dealers our there will honor that price or else jack it up to 2008 pricing. Which I think is unfair to the consumer since we are only in the 2nd quarter of this year.

Rumors here say that you will get upgraded engine 3,7L V6 worth 300HP (wow) for 2008 modelyear?!?

That was fast! How did you do it?
I ordered on around April 10th, but the dealer told me to wait for 2 months!
I called again yesterday and they told me the cx-9 is build and has to wait 20 days to ship from Japan. So it will be here in about 40 more days.

Are they bullsh*ting me?

OMF said:
Just got my new baby!!!!! Ordered on Apr 14th (11 days ago). CX-9 AWD GT NAV, RES. Some accessories (such as auto dimming mirror with compass and HomeLink, cargo net) are still on backorder.

moth said:
That was fast! How did you do it?
I ordered on around April 10th, but the dealer told me to wait for 2 months!
I called again yesterday and they told me the cx-9 is build and has to wait 20 days to ship from Japan. So it will be here in about 40 more days.

Are they bullsh*ting me?

My dealer told me, he was gonna factory order the CX-9 for me... called me a few days later saying my car was on its way from Toronto!!! I think my car was sitting somewhere at a dealer waiting for me :), probably because of her color. A large percentage of backorders are for blue and black. I wanted silver. A paper sticker on the window showed a January date, not sure though if it was mfg or shipping.

OMF said:
My dealer told me, he was gonna factory order the CX-9 for me... called me a few days later saying my car was on its way from Toronto!!! I think my car was sitting somewhere at a dealer waiting for me :), probably because of her color. A large percentage of backorders are for blue and black. I wanted silver. A paper sticker on the window showed a January date, not sure though if it was mfg or shipping.

I ordered a black CX-9 with NAV on April 21th, and while they originally told me there was one available in Toronto, they later told me the only one available had been stuck at the Port of Vancouver for a couple of weeks (apparently due to labour issues with the train folks). The car only left the port this week meaning I still have another 3 weeks to wait.

What a pain it is to wait with all this sunshine now upon us :rolleyes:

what dealer did you order your car from?

alinoro said:
I ordered a black CX-9 with NAV on April 21th, and while they originally told me there was one available in Toronto, they later told me the only one available had been stuck at the Port of Vancouver for a couple of weeks (apparently due to labour issues with the train folks). The car only left the port this week meaning I still have another 3 weeks to wait.

What a pain it is to wait with all this sunshine now upon us :rolleyes:

Back