Winter wheel options for the Speed6

kchandra

Well, we had a horrible winter in Iowa and somehow managed to make it alive on the RE050's, but have decided to never again try and do that....

So, I was hoping I could shop around for some other wheels this summer and throw some snow tires on for the winter.

Sounds like 17's will work and I am considering 2 options:

1) I know other manufacturers like Acura TL, RL, TSX etc are 5x114.3 as well and I was hoping one of those wheels will fit.

2) I could try and find some cheapie wheels on ebay or wheelmax, wheelguyz etc that would work as well.

Some questions:

1) Does the caliper pose an issue on these? I know that I had this issue on the Evo, but it has some ginormous brembos...

2) Does anyone know what stock offsets and hub bore is on this car...That would really help. I googled and couldnt find any information.

Thanks all!

Honestly, if you are going to spend money on wheels, why not buy nice summer wheels and use your stock ones for the winter?

That is my plan at least. I'm going to transfer the stock tires over to my set of RX-8 rims and then put snows on the stockers next winter.

You can also pick up some mazda3, MP3, or MSP 17" rims used for pretty cheap. They are a direct bolt on and I think the offset will be fine.

chuyler1 said:
Honestly, if you are going to spend money on wheels, why not buy nice summer wheels and use your stock ones for the winter?

That is my plan at least. I'm going to transfer the stock tires over to my set of RX-8 rims and then put snows on the stockers next winter.

You can also pick up some mazda3, MP3, or MSP 17" rims used for pretty cheap. They are a direct bolt on and I think the offset will be fine.

I worked out the price and it was not much savings to save the stock wheels for winter tires, as long as you can get a decent price for the stock wheels/tires. And this way, I got brand new winter wheels and tires, and summer wheels and tires, all w/o having to go pay for mounting/dismounting. Plus, I got 17's for the winter set and 17s are much cheaper to buy tires for.

18" snows cost more than 17" snows. i have stock mazda6 17" wheels with snows and i paid less than what i would have paid for 18" snows. plus, i like my stock wheels. i only wish they were anthracite in color

Back