pass side airbag

the seat weight sensor is miscalibrated
bring the car to the dealer to get it fixed... it's a known issue and there's a TSB on it

Did you have an hefty item on the seat but not quite heavy enough to make the airbag turn on? Was the seatbelt latched for some reason with no one in the seat? Both of those would be good reasons for that light to come on if it behaves like it does in the Mazda3

RevLimitLaunch said:
how do you turn it on and off? i noticed today mine was off lol...(boom06)

yeah wish i could've gotten back on here sooner lol. im at school. i had my books on the seat and it was throwing it all off haha. read the owners manual. its all good now tho. thanks for the fast responses tho its appreciated.

better than what my crap rental car does.. when there's nothing on the seat at all there's just a constant orange "OFF" light near the climate controls.. and when it lights up at night, you just see "OFF" and not what is actually off haha. When someone sits down, it says "ON". The Mazda system of only turning the "off" light on when there's something on the seat but not heavy enough to turn the airbag on is smart :)

yeah in the owners manual it basically says its because it senses that maybe a child is in the seat (due to the underweightness) so all the passenger front restraint sytems turn off. smart indeed.

Back