Super Sensitive ABS?

JJxUSAF

Took my car out in the snow for the first time today and it seems like every time I touched the brakes the ABS would kick in. Anyone else notice this?

pretty typical of newer style ABS systems in the snow... they OVER compensate. I recommend taking the car out in an empty lot and trying different braking techniques until you find something that works best.

My 03 Jetta wouldnt stop for s*** in the snow because of the ABS... I could stop in a shorter distance by pumping the brakes lightly, it wouldnt freak out as much and would stop roughly 20-30 sooner depending on WHAT I was actually riding on (ice, snow, slush, etc)

are you still running the stock summer tires? because when i got mine there was a bit of snow on the ground and it kicked on every time i touched them. replaced the tires with some winter tires (Hankook Icebear W300) and it has kicked on once. and we got 13 inches of snow yesterday that i was out driving in.

wannabe said:
are you still running the stock summer tires? because when i got mine there was a bit of snow on the ground and it kicked on every time i touched them. replaced the tires with some winter tires (Hankook Icebear W300) and it has kicked on once. and we got 13 inches of snow yesterday that i was out driving in.

qft...on the stock summer tires in the snow, i barely touch the brakes and i'm into the ABS. with snow tires, the ABS doesn't even kick in

Back