Brake pedal resistance...

da1nonly

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Help... Brake pedal resistance

I've had my mazda 5 sport (automatic) for just over 2 weeks and I'm noticing something with my brakes that I'm not accustomed too...

majority of the time when I apply pressure to the brake pedal, I get resistance from the pedal all the way through... i can ease into the brake pedal and the car slows down to the amount of pressure i put on the pedal... great!

but once in a while when I put my foot on the brake pedal, I'll get no resistance for about 1/3 of the way down and then suddenly I get resistance and the brakes abruptly start to slow or stop the car...
this tends to happen when i slow down with the brake pedal, release the brake pedal, coast for a second or two then immediately press the brake pedal again... and it also happens when I try to park the car using the brake pedal to slowly ease into the parking spot (not pressing gas pedal at all just using the brake pedal), sort of looks like a jerking motion of the car each time i release/press the brake pedal and try to inch into the parking spot...

I find myself searching for the point when the brake pedal should provide the proper resistance to my foot so that the car slows down and/or stops accordingly...

can't seem to find that sweet spot on a consistent basis...

sorry if I'm not describing this properly... but does anyone know what might be the issue...

Last edited:
that sure doesn't sound right. I've had mine for 10k miles now and have never noticed anything like that. If it were my old car I'd say you had bubbles in the break lines, but with such a new car that seems unlikely. Something is up though and your brakes are rather important I'd take it in and make the dealer look at them.

Back