Advanced Keyless

SVTFord

Took my car in for its first oil change yesterday. Had the tech use the valet key to start the car, now the request buttons don't work on the doors or trunk, and the KEY light stays illuminated red when the car is running. The Lock/Unlock buttons still work on the key card, and the car will start, but the door/trunk buttons aren't working. I used the valet key to drive to work, but don't want to drive 50 miles RT to the dealer in this blizzard. Anyone have any ideas? ( I already did a search, so please don't suggest that...)(rant)

TheMAN said:
it does and I've made it happen myself on purpose before

somthings wrong tho with my trunk i think. cuz my other buttons work fine, but my trunk one comes and goes. thinks due to the cold?

I seem to recall reading somewhere (in the manual?) that you can re-enable the trunk button.. something to do with holding it down for 10 seconds with the key card in range...

I would find the info for you, but mine's in the shop.

Emessechs said:
I seem to recall reading somewhere (in the manual?) that you can re-enable the trunk button.. something to do with holding it down for 10 seconds with the key card in range...

I would find the info for you, but mine's in the shop.

thanks man ill try that.

I have problems keeping my bluetooth headset and key card in the same pocket. For some reason, when I try to start my car, LED on my bluetooth headset starts to flash and the starter in my car wont do anything. Once I move my bluetooth headset to my other pocket, everything works as expected.

But, if your car still starts with the cellphone and key card in the same pocket, I wouldn't worry about it.

fraz_bb said:
I have problems keeping my bluetooth headset and key card in the same pocket. For some reason, when I try to start my car, LED on my bluetooth headset starts to flash and the starter in my car wont do anything. Once I move my bluetooth headset to my other pocket, everything works as expected.

But, if your car still starts with the cellphone and key card in the same pocket, I wouldn't worry about it.

You have a remote starter? i asked around to put one on my ms6, and they said it would cost like 500$ because of the smart key...

snooky said:
You have a remote starter? i asked around to put one on my ms6, and they said it would cost like 500$ because of the smart key...

I've been wanting remote start, but haven't researched it yet. Do you have any details? I know it's always pricey for manual transmissions.

Apparently I shouldn't hastily write posts. I don't have a remote starter. I turned the key nub to the position that should engage the starter. But, instead, the starter did nothing and a few lights illuminated on the dash board (security system activated?). Sorry for the confussion.

On a side note, I was complaining about missing the remote starter on my old car to an acquaintance that happens to be a salesman at a MazdaSpeed dealership. He stated that normally they wont install remote starters on MS6s due to the manual tranny. But, he was pretty sure he could "hook me up". I'm going to followup with this gentleman about this and will let you know how it turns out.

At this point, I'm not sure if he's just trying to sell me something or is really going to "hook me up". If I had to guess, he'll have a tech disable the sensor that will not allow the car to start unless the clutch is pressed to the floor and install a remote starter.

Time to start getting in the habit of parking it in neutral, so you don't put it through a wall after the install! :)

i miss the remote start that i used to have on my previous car and my wife still has it on her minvan. but i'm not going to have someone hack my car to disable the clutch over-ride so i can have a remote start system installed. i just need to clear out my garage so my car can sit in there :D

Emessechs said:
I've been wanting remote start, but haven't researched it yet. Do you have any details? I know it's always pricey for manual transmissions.

well all i know is the guys at my shop wanted to charge me somewhere close to 500$! because they have to trick the car to thinking som1 trurned the keynub. u have to leave the car in nutral. its really a pain, cus u gotta set the starter before leaving the car"
put it in "N", keep ur finger on the starter button, exit the car with motor still on, once u press the button again and lock the car the motor shuts and ur car is set to be started later. but with regular starters u can start the car and any time with out pre-setting it...

well my car just starting freaking out on me today. the same thing as the original poster, none of the external buttons are doing anything. the car will still start with the key in my pocket, but i have to press the unlock button on the card.

manual says "if KEY light is illuminated in RED, your Advanced Keyless is malfunctioning. Use the valet key and take it to an Authorized Service shop as soon as possible" or something like that...guess i'm taking it in..

oh, and FYI i tried with my key, my wife's key, without Cell phone, etc.

Back