Has anyone amp the factory interiors?

baseballd2

:
mazdaspeed6
I was wondering if anyone has amped their factory interiors. The bose system is just not loud enough for me anymore. I have an alpine 4 ch amp layin in my room so im thinking about installing it. If anyone has, can you just tap into the wires from the stock amp?

You could replace the bose amp with an aftermarket one but the results will be less than desirable. The bose amp has a built-in EQ which improves the sound quality of their cheap speakers. Their speakers are also 2ohm so you would be sending them quite a bit of power from an aftermarket amp. Your best bet is to replace the amp and speakers all at once. The outputs from the head unit are 2v pre-outs which go into the factory amp. Splice RCA cables onto these and you'll be able to use them with the aftermarket amp.

how many speakers are there? and what size are the front and back i wanna change them to alpine speakers

Check the stickies...
Speaker Sizes, Harnesses, and Kits for the Mazda6!

Again, consider the Bose system as a package deal. If you replace the speakers you need to replace the amp. If you replace the amp you might as well replace the speakers too. Just replacing one of these is not going to result in desirable sound. It will be different...but not necessarily louder and certainly not worth the price you will have paid.

The only good news about the Bose system is that the head unit puts out 2v pre-out signal for your aftermarket amps. That means you can replace the amps/speakers and leave the head unit for the stock look.

chuyler1 said:
Check the stickies...
Speaker Sizes, Harnesses, and Kits for the Mazda6!

Again, consider the Bose system as a package deal. If you replace the speakers you need to replace the amp. If you replace the amp you might as well replace the speakers too. Just replacing one of these is not going to result in desirable sound. It will be different...but not necessarily louder and certainly not worth the price you will have paid.

The only good news about the Bose system is that the head unit puts out 2v pre-out signal for your aftermarket amps. That means you can replace the amps/speakers and leave the head unit for the stock look.

i have an alpine subwoofer and amp, i was thinking of using the stock amp just for the speakers, and using my aftermarket amp for the aftermarket sub, and the stock one... what do you think?

You could easily add an aftermarket sub/amp. There is a line-level signal that goes from the amp under the seat to the amp on the subwoofer. You can tap into the wiring harness on the subwoofer amp in your trunk and connect it to your Alpine amp. You may also get a remote-turn on signal from the harness but I'm not sure. You should run a power wire to the battery and ground wire to the frame as usual. If you do this, you should remove the factory sub. It will allow the bass from your aftermarket sub to pass into the cabin.

I don't recommend upgrading the speakers unless you are going to swap out the bose amp also. The bose speakers are 2ohms so you'll get less volume from a set of typical 4ohm car audio speakers. You will also have to deal with the Bose EQ curve which is taylored for their speakers.

chuyler1 said:
You could easily add an aftermarket sub/amp. There is a line-level signal that goes from the amp under the seat to the amp on the subwoofer. You can tap into the wiring harness on the subwoofer amp in your trunk and connect it to your Alpine amp. You may also get a remote-turn on signal from the harness but I'm not sure. You should run a power wire to the battery and ground wire to the frame as usual. If you do this, you should remove the factory sub. It will allow the bass from your aftermarket sub to pass into the cabin.

I don't recommend upgrading the speakers unless you are going to swap out the bose amp also. The bose speakers are 2ohms so you'll get less volume from a set of typical 4ohm car audio speakers. You will also have to deal with the Bose EQ curve which is taylored for their speakers.

Ya i think your right. iM just gonna add my after market sub, and keep the stop amp and speakers. i dont really care for "loud" i care more clarity and bass...

thanks

Back