falken habanis

NCZ13

im not getting new wheels anytime soon, rims i think will be the last thing i do to the car.

anyway

i was thinking of falken habanis in bronze

does anyone else agree thatd look nice on white?

For the money, they just look too "cheap" or generic to me. Not to flame here. I really like the Konig Kolor wheel and the MB Blast at Discount tire. Both are 20lbs and one is $95 the other about $120.

yeah i just wanted to get an idea of what some of you think. im kinda leaning towards more of a gunmetal wheel. when the stock rims get dirty, the darker color actually looks better.

Redlinez said:
For the money, they just look too "cheap" or generic to me. Not to flame here. I really like the Konig Kolor wheel and the MB Blast at Discount tire. Both are 20lbs and one is $95 the other about $120.
The Falken is a nice wheel, plus it weighs about three pounds (16.94 lbs.) less in the 17-in. size and is 7.5-in. wide.

Much better performance wise. The stock (Mazda6) wheel weighs in the 21 lb. range, so almost four less than stock is a huge difference for rotational mass way out like a wheel. And the wider wheel will give room for more tire, which is better.

The 18-in. wheel is in the 19 lb. range, which is still less weight than stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

i love mine. its a nice touch with the anodized lip and outter face of the spokes. i get compliments all the time. they are better quality wheel then most in its price range

i want to get 18s, cuz it seems kinda pointless to just replace 17s with 17s. but i like the color. do u guys think theyd look good on white, or should i go with a gun metal. ill check out those konigs

NCZ13 said:
i want to get 18s, cuz it seems kinda pointless to just replace 17s with 17s. but i like the color. do u guys think theyd look good on white, or should i go with a gun metal. ill check out those konigs

I can see that, but the loss in wieght with a slightly wider wheel makes up for the benefit of having an 18.

then its settled i guess. my mom (im 17) does want me to do any mods to the car, its an 06, we bought it used with 8800 miles on it. but i showed her the wheels, and she was down. theres no way a warrenty can be voided with switching out the wheels.

and if it needs service for something that goes wrong ill put the stocks on.

shes being dumb about the warrenty stuff. she wont let me paint the calipers, or have my subs from my other car installed. she thinks any sort of mod will void the warrenties.

but w/e. ill keep it stock till she stops caring.

either way my car is nice.

NCZ13 said:
then its settled i guess. my mom (im 17) does want me to do any mods to the car, its an 06, we bought it used with 8800 miles on it. but i showed her the wheels, and she was down. theres no way a warrenty can be voided with switching out the wheels.

and if it needs service for something that goes wrong ill put the stocks on.

shes being dumb about the warrenty stuff. she wont let me paint the calipers, or have my subs from my other car installed. she thinks any sort of mod will void the warrenties.

but w/e. ill keep it stock till she stops caring.

either way my car is nice.

Do all of that anyway w/o telling her (dunno) or call your dealer and see what they say about the mods.

well my mom said she called after i told her that i was gonna paint the calipers. shes said the service guy suggested i just leave it alone. i said to her. im not taking anything apart, im jacking the car up, taking the wheel off, taping the rotor off, and painting the calipers. she was still being stubborn about it. so i gave up, the paint is just sitting on my desk. ill paint them eventually, maybe this summer. i decided on red paint, just because no other color will really stand out.

so how do i go about getting these wheels. i checked the discount tire online store, and they dont even carry falkens, so how do i go about doing this?

Man my parents were the same way about me modding the protege when i first got it until I let my dad drive it after I added a cold air intake,exhaust, and a short shifter. When my mom's around he's always telling me to save my money but everytime he's alone and we talk about cars he's always eager to find out what mods i'll do next:) Guess he never realized mods would make the car that more fun to drive.

well, really, since its an automatic, CAI and exhaust is all i can really do preformance wise. cosmetically things are endless. i want to tint the fron headlights, but not the years, because i like how the clear looks rather then a dark tint or just a standard red.

id like to lower it too, as well as install fogs in the future. put my sound system in, and thats pretty much it.

i was stuck in traffic on the way to swim practice, and it dawned on me. this is why i didnt get a manual.

Dude if you want to tint the front headlights search for a guy by the name of blue batmobile. He has a website somewhere and I'm pretty sure he still makes them but he sells overlays you put on like window tint over your headlights. I bought a pair to tint my rear turn signals. Yeah i hate sitting in traffic as well but i love getting the car out on open road and having the extra control over what i want the car to do.

Back