AUXMOD problems. anyone else?

apt13

just installed my auxmod from sylfex to get my ipod up and running in the car. installed it myself with no real hitch at all, everything seems fine for the most part, but i'm having a couple issues, hopefully those of you also with auxmod can help.

first of all after installing i seem to be getting shocked more when entering and exiting the car. is there some kind of grounding thing i neglected to do? or is this in my head? haha.

also, after using it for awhile, the sound starts to cut out, like it is skipping. just cuts out for a split second and comes back on.

are these things common or an issue someone else has encountered? could i have possibly done something wrong in the assembly? or maybe just cheap cables? i have no experience in car stereos so any of these are possible i guess.

as a set up, i have the auxmod, 3.5mm cable from that. and i have the belkin auto kit which plugs into the lighter. the 3.5mm cable plugs from the auxmod into the belkin, and then the belkin adapter plugs into the ipod.

like i said everythign sounds and seems to work fine, but i get the constant dropouts after awhile in use and i get shocked harder from the car when entering and exiting.

thanks in advance!

was gonna try and just delete this post but it doesnt seem like i can. anyway, i think ive realized its the ipod and not auxmod. so we'll see how it goes.

Back