Instead of fog lights...

da1nonly

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Had a weird idea pop in my head... but in fog light insert area... what would the mazda 5 look like if you replaced each entire fog insert area with a mesh insert that matches the center mesh grill?

Could any of you photoshop gurus show what that'd look like? Maybe a silver mesh center grill with matching side (left and right) mesh inserts...

Could that even be possible to do to the Mazda5?

da1nonly said:
Had a weird idea pop in my head... but in fog light insert area... what would the mazda 5 look like if you replaced each entire fog insert area with a mesh insert that matches the center mesh grill?

Could any of you photoshop gurus show what that'd look like? Maybe a silver mesh center grill with matching side (left and right) mesh inserts...

Could that even be possible to do to the Mazda5?

I played with this idea before, took off the insert and tried fabricating a grill but there were too many "prongs" sticking out that held the fog light housing behind the bumper I just couldn' find a way to make it hold unless you cut them and regret it later when you do decide to get the foggy's and you can't use the housing anymore. so I just left it alone for now. But if you come up with something let me know. I'd rather have the mesh than the fogs anyways. (my lighting is sufficient enough with the hid's, no need for fogs)

Last edited:
thanks guys

actually i was hoping someone could spin some magic and quickly photoshop a closer frontal view... instead of just having those areas blacked out like the photo link you sent... i was hoping a photoshop wizard could quickly fill in the grill and fog inserts with maybe a silver mesh grill, or the matching black mesh grill it came with...

i kind of had an idea of what it looks like all black, most of the photos i see are like your link, but if you dont have fogs (like me) those round blank inserts are pretty noticeable in person (almost like a unfinished look)... and maybe fabricating the grill instead of fogs wouldn't look so bad...

it was just a thought anyways... i wouldn't even know how to go about doing that on the actual car... and it sounds pretty difficult if the prongs from the fog housing get in the way... but if theres a will theres a way...

OK... I don't have photoshop... but I found a picture online and I decided to modify the fog light insert area with a fabricated grill myself...

I used MS paint so please excuse the hack job i did on this...

what do you guys think??? side by side comparison

http://www.msprotege.com/members/da1nonly/fabricatedgrill.JPG

Attachments

• fabricatedgrill.JPG
    fabricatedgrill.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 221
  • PICT0017.jpg
    PICT0017.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
da1nonly said:
OK... I don't have photoshop... but I found a picture online and I decided to modify the fog light insert area with a fabricated grill myself...

I used MS paint so please excuse the hack job i did on this...

what do you guys think???

http://www.msprotege.com/members/da1nonly/fabricatedgrill.JPG

pretty nice especially how you used my own 5 as an example. not trippin' though it was just weird seeing my 5 used by someone else. flattering actually.

geezerz99 said:
pretty nice especially how you used my own 5 as an example. not trippin' though it was just weird seeing my 5 used by someone else. flattering actually.

sorry... I couldn't remember where i got the picture from... but you had a really nice pic of the front grill in the light... very sweet ride... I hope I didn't offend you...

not to get off topic but where'd you get the lip from? it doesn't look like any of the autoexe, damd, or kenstyle lips... do you have any info on make, model, color, price, shipping to canada that you could pass my way??? if possible?

compliments to you... very, very nice ride...

da1nonly said:
I hope I didn't offend you...

not to get off topic but where'd you get the lip from? it doesn't look like any of the autoexe, damd, or kenstyle lips... do you have any info on make, model, color, price, shipping to canada that you could pass my way??? if possible?

compliments to you... very, very nice ride...

none taken!

as for the lip. Most of the 5 that you see here that has the same looking lip like mine got ours from a group buy from another forum. It's from Taiwan, no brand. If you really want one check this out.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

hope it helps.. it's actually cheaper than the one i got. but it's the exact same one and it doesn't come painted and it comes in black (lucky me)

geezerz99 said:
none taken!

as for the lip. Most of the 5 that you see here that has the same looking lip like mine got ours from a group buy from another forum. It's from Taiwan, no brand. If you really want one check this out.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

hope it helps.. it's actually cheaper than the one i got. but it's the exact same one and it doesn't come painted and it comes in black (lucky me)

Thank you so much for the info... my car's black as well... so that would be great... unfortunately it says that it only ships in the US... DAMN!!!

when you did the group buy... was any of the buyers from canada??? was it from mpvclub.com??? is there anyway i could contact the guy that organized the buy???

sorry for all the questions but i've seen that lip a couple of times now and it's really growing on me...

muchly appreciated

da1nonly said:
Thank you so much for the info... my car's black as well... so that would be great... unfortunately it says that it only ships in the US... DAMN!!!

when you did the group buy... was any of the buyers from canada??? was it from mpvclub.com??? is there anyway i could contact the guy that organized the buy???

sorry for all the questions but i've seen that lip a couple of times now and it's really growing on me...

muchly appreciated

yes it was in mpvclub.com. his sn was mazdaspeed02mpv. i wasn't sure if he'd ship to canada. did you try asking the ebay seller if he'd consider shipping to canada. sometimes they will, especially if no one is buying their item. well good luck.

da1nonly said:

muchly appreciated

I live in Ontario and purchased the same lip from Bayson R Motorsports. They will ship to Canada no problems and they're great to deal with.

Attachments

• MY5.jpg
    MY5.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 173
joeboy said:
I live in Ontario and purchased the same lip from Bayson R Motorsports. They will ship to Canada no problems and they're great to deal with.

Thanks. I actually asked you about this on another posting.

They told me they'd ship to canada... said $150 US total shipped in bubble wrap and cardboard (more expensive if I wanted it shipped in a box $130 for shipping alone)... was it the same for you???

how did the painting and installation go? lip and side sills look the same height off the ground, do you have to compromise driving over hills, speed bumps etc.?

joeboy said:

What spoiler do you have on your 5 cause yours doesn't look stock.

Ha ;) you guys are good. I did photoshop the spoiler and the rear bumper (I brought it down). I'm looking at the same spoiler from Bayson R and I wanted to see how it would look first.

There's not a lot out there for our car right now!! Sucks when you want to play around with it huh?

Back