Street Unit Motor Mount Install

vert

:
Mazda Speed6
Here it is
Set the E brake and jack the vehicle up and support it on jack stands.
Remove the 7 10mm undercarriage pan bolts and pull the pan out.

Identify the two motor mount bolts and remove them with a 17mm socket.You might have to use a break bar to get the bolts loose, but try not to rock the car back and forth due to it being on jack stands.
Which ever is the last bolt you remove, it helps to pull the motor back to get the bolt out.

Using vice grips/pliers squeeze the rear mounting tabs together on both sides. It helps make it easier for the mount to fit into the area. I installed the mount in the front first and then pulled the motor back. While holding the motor slide the rear of the mount in and then the bolt.

Place washer on passenger side and torque bolts to 75ft lbs.
Replace pan and bolts and enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC01515.JPG
    DSC01515.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC01516.JPG
    DSC01516.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC01519.JPG
    DSC01519.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC01520.JPG
    DSC01520.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC01521.JPG
    DSC01521.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
I'd recommend supporting the transmission housing prior to removing the two 17mm bolts.

vert said:
Here it is
Set the E brake and jack the vehicle up and support it on jack stands.
Remove the 7 10mm undercarriage pan bolts and pull the pan out.

Identify the two motor mount bolts and remove them with a 17mm socket.You might have to use a break bar to get the bolts loose, but try not to rock the car back and forth due to it being on jack stands.
Which ever is the last bolt you remove, it helps to pull the motor back to get the bolt out.

Using vice grips/pliers squeeze the rear mounting tabs together on both sides. It helps make it easier for the mount to fit into the area. I installed the mount in the front first and then pulled the motor back. While holding the motor slide the rear of the mount in and then the bolt.

Place washer on passenger side and torque bolts to 75ft lbs.
Replace pan and bolts and enjoy.

Very easy install, I did this last night. I would also recommend supporting the the eng/tran.

Also, lube up the sides of the new mount to make it easier to slide in.

Back