Cleaning IP Surface

MFive

:
2007 Mazda5 Touring
Took delivery of our 5 at night, when it was dark out, and didn't notice some white scuff marks on the Instrument Panel. Wondering if you guys use a particular cleaner to work out the blemishes on that surface. The marks are around the cluster eyebrow and forward of the passenger airbag.

I can take photos tonight if that would help understand the scenario. TIA

Well, it was dark out so it wasnt entirely your fault, but of course it wouldve been best to find that last night and either make them clean it off on the spot or refuse delivery. Now it depends if your dealership folks are helpful human beings or cold assholes Id call them up and see if they will help you out with this I mean, youve had it for less than a day.

I couldn't tell you what to use to try to clean it off, but DEFINATELY nothing abrasive... unless you're a fan of hairline scratches and haziness (boom03)

If the dealership gives you a bunch of headaches, or worse yet sends out some kid with rubbing compound, try this product:
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar's%20Brand)>Clear%20Plastic%20Care&sectionID=15101
It is a clear plastic cleaner from Meguiars. I have used this on the IP in my mothers 91 Acura Legend and it seemed to get rid of some of the haziness etc...

Back