225/45-17 ok size for MS6?

wannabe

meh
:
16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe
Hey guys. I'm new to the MS6 family, just picked it up tonight. I am looking to throw some winter tires on my mp3 rims (17s). I found some Hankook Icebear W300's for about 100 a piece. They are 225/45-17's. I just wanted to double check before i bought them..

thanks guys. I wanted to go with the 215/50's that seem to be the recommended size but I could find very little in that size. I just went ahead and ordered them. i just dropped a bunch of money on the car, the last thing i need is to spend a boat load on tires...

ottawaP5 said:
Congrats on the car.

I would go with 215/50/17...you don't want to go wider for winter.

i'm running 205/50/17 on my car for snows right now and they're great...a bit narrower than stock to slice through the snow. i do have a small amount of odometer error but it's negligible.

Bluesultan said:
i'm running 205/50/17 on my car for snows right now and they're great...a bit narrower than stock to slice through the snow. i do have a small amount of odometer error but it's negligible.

That must cut through the snow and slush really well. How did it affect the handling?

ottawaP5 said:
That must cut through the snow and slush really well. How did it affect the handling?

i have Michilen Pilot Alpin tires so the handling doesn't seem to be that much different. but then again, i'm really not tossing it around as much as i did when i had the summer tires on there.

had the new tires mounted balanced and thrown on the 6 today. and course, now theres no snow. oh well. better to have them and not need them, then to be stuck without.

Bluesultan said:
^ how do they fit?

not a problem. love em. been tearing through the snow with no issues at all now. they are talking about possible 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow

Back