Donde esta CP-E, XEDE, y Cobb?

:
Mazda, Speed6
?????
Where are all the updates it got kinda quiet after CP-E discovered the fuel injection timeing......

Cobb.......haven't heard anything from them in awhile

XEDE.......no dyno on the speed6 w/graphs I want to see what $1K will do

I'll be underway alot these upcoming weeks sooooooooo, I guess that will be the basis of my patience. hahahha man peeps throw us a freakin bone here.

and to CP-E awesome info...really awesome. Thanks for making me drool on my keyboard about the potential of this engine.

Also has anyone heard anything on upgraded rear diffs? or better axles. Mine kinda broke AGAIN same side too.

I know cobb says they cracked the ecu, but won't have anything done until summer at the earliest. They just finished work on the new accessport for the subie crowd and need to finish the one for the evo's before they release anything for the ms6 or ms3. This info comes from trey on the cobb forums.

I'll be posting CP-E dyno's as soon as I get it delivered and in the car. I'll make sure to do quick connects on the XEDE and CP-E so I can do a comparison of the two piggybacks. I can't wait to have full fuel control on my car w/o causing ECU issues and fuel cuts.

4DRHTRD, I am serously waiting for your comparisions between the XEDE and the CP-E's. It is crazy not to take the geographical advantage here in AUSTRALIA for the XEDE which is made here. But by the same token I have full faith in CP-E's product and can't see why I shouldn't go with them. Until further details surface like yours, I still can't decide.

we're dynoing the car this coming tuesday. right now we have the car setup to spike to 22psi for the initial jump into boost then it settles and holds at 18psi firm. air fuel ratios are solid 12 to 1 according to the AEM wideband and the car pulls. There is honestly no noticable fall off up to 6000 rpms between myself and the customer when we drive it. The dyno should show more though than just our own observations. he ran 13.8 at the track so it should be nice to see what he can do now.

Ken I think this is a PRETTY HUGE IMPROVMENT..! Like the man said Im hiiting 18psi to redline and spiking to 22psi right at spool up....This thing is WOW! I really cant belive how much faster this thing is! ITS FREAKN CRAZY QUICK! I think we'll try 20psi on tuesday just to see what it does...

Please be careful with that boost guys ... we already know 30psi makes it go kaboom but ya gotta think about long-term reliablity too.

As someone who will definitely get some tuning when the dust all settles I'm eagerly anticipating the dyno results and further comments.

Way to go!

LBV said:
Please be careful with that boost guys ... we already know 30psi makes it go kaboom but ya gotta think about long-term reliablity too.

As someone who will definitely get some tuning when the dust all settles I'm eagerly anticipating the dyno results and further comments.

Way to go!

Misinformation. No one really know why 4DR's engine blew up - it more likely a lean condition inducing massive detonation then the 30 psi. No tuning blew up his engine, not 30 psi.

Gandalf said:
Misinformation. No one really know why 4DR's engine blew up - it more likely a lean condition inducing massive detonation then the 30 psi. No tuning blew up his engine, not 30 psi.

The good news is that despite the recent mishap, 4DRHTRD (Mike) has ordered a new short block, and said his plans are to have everything up and running within two weeks! In the mean time we're going to send him the piggyback, and we're going to continue progress with our local tester. We put our local tester on hold for the moment while we take care of some manufacturing obligations, but we should have dyno numbers and a base optimized map for everyone soon.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

First of all have to say big thank you for your effort in bringing this piggy back for the MS/MPS community and provide us with such a details insight of your design and the painstaking planning and testing before releasing the product to the public as a perfect finish product.

I have been thinking of getting your product but being over here in Downunder just wonder if any tuner here will be able to set it up for me and how about the tuning process in concern as well? What is the prospect of using your base map from you which is catered for the US MS6 cars with minimum mods on it? Since my car here is detuned slightly, would that be any concern for using such a base map at the beginning before I can get someone here to tune my car properly?

Thanks for your input in this regards in advance.

www.cp-e.com said:
The good news is that despite the recent mishap, 4DRHTRD (Mike) has ordered a new short block, and said his plans are to have everything up and running within two weeks! In the mean time we're going to send him the piggyback, and we're going to continue progress with our local tester. We put our local tester on hold for the moment while we take care of some manufacturing obligations, but we should have dyno numbers and a base optimized map for everyone soon.

Jordan

Good to hear. I dynoed at Altered Atmosphere last week and met a guy (owner?) named Mike who was very cool and mentioned he had worked with CP-E before and was very impressed with the tuning you all had for the Speed6 - can't wait to see your numbers (will you be at AA to dyno it? I'd love to see your test car)

M6GR8 said:
First of all have to say big thank you for your effort in bringing this piggy back for the MS/MPS community and provide us with such a details insight of your design and the painstaking planning and testing before releasing the product to the public as a perfect finish product.

Small update, Lou reflashed my piggyback unit today with a refined version of the software intended to eliminate the stutter or hiccup under moderate acceleration. The car is noticeably smoother.

dadasracecar said:
Small update, Lou reflashed my piggyback unit today with a refined version of the software intended to eliminate the stutter or hiccup under moderate acceleration. The car is noticeably smoother.

Thanks for the update and that is good news indeed.

Also as you reported last that the piggyback was only setup to keep the boost more consistantly up to redline. Wonder if any other adjustments beside this parrameter on this update flash?

Last edited:
Gandalf said:
Good to hear. I dynoed at Altered Atmosphere last week and met a guy (owner?) named Mike who was very cool and mentioned he had worked with CP-E before and was very impressed with the tuning you all had for the Speed6 - can't wait to see your numbers (will you be at AA to dyno it? I'd love to see your test car)

Yup, Mike has been kind enough to let us use his facility to dyno our various products. I'm not sure where we'll be dyno tuning Jason's car, but it'll likely either be at Altered or at Atlantic Motorports which is a thirty-second drive from Altered. I hope you had a chance to ogle the other fine cars in his shop!

M6GR8 said:
Thanks for the update and that is good news indeed.

Also as you reported last that the piggyback was only setup to keep the boost more consistantly up to redline. Wonder if any other adjustments beside this parrameter on this update flash?

dadasracecar (Jason) has asked that no changes be made until the car is on the dyno, and I can't blame him. But since everyone is back in town (Lou and I have both been away) we're going to shcedule a dyno tune as soon as we get the chance. That's when we'll go wild and make some fun tuning alterations (drive)

Back