Drove a CX-9!!!

Mazda3

:
2007 CX-7 GT and 2008 Tribute GT AWD
As I wrote in the other thread, I drove a CX-9 this morning. What a machine!!! Mazda will sell a ton of these. When you park it beside the CX-7 it makes the 7 look like a Mazda 3 sport. However when when you drive it, it doesn't really drive much bigger than the 7. Amazing that a vehicle this big is so nimble. Some people looking for a more luxurious ride might want to stick with the 18" wheels, the steering is VERY sensitive with the 20" wheels. I'll give a more detailed review later, but this vehicle is very upscale for Mazda. The 3.5L is amazingly responsive from a dead stop for a DOHC motor. The 9 is definatley quicker than the 7, 0-30 mph. However the 7 does seem to pull harder above 60 mph.

(cool)

Awesome man... I really like the way mazda is going with their product lines, the fun yet pratical cx-7 and cx-9, along with the sporty ms3's and ms6's...there now really is something for everyone!

Mazda3 said:
As I wrote in the other thread, I drove a CX-9 this morning. What a machine!!! Mazda will sell a ton of these. When you park it beside the CX-7 it makes the 7 look like a Mazda 3 sport. However when when you drive it, it doesn't really drive much bigger than the 7. Amazing that a vehicle this big is so nimble. Some people looking for a more luxurious ride might want to stick with the 18" wheels, the steering is VERY sensitive with the 20" wheels. I'll give a more detailed review later, but this vehicle is very upscale for Mazda. The 3.5L is amazingly responsive from a dead stop for a DOHC motor. The 9 is definatley quicker than the 7, 0-30 mph. However the 7 does seem to pull harder above 60 mph.

(cool)

Sweet, the local stealership just got one also I will have to try it out this weekend man its long, Nothing like the cx7 or edge.

i'm trying to convince my wife to get a CX-9 but i think she's still stuck in mommy-minivan land

my dealer said that the next time i bring in my car for service, they would let me take a CX-9 for a loaner so my wife can check it out...we'll see how that works out.

I drove on 2 days ago.

I love it. Big difference from a cx7. I'll have my Silver GT next week.

Test drove a GT last weekend. I was really impressed by this vehicle. However, I'm hesitant to jump right into one so early. Plus my wife's Mazda5 (which it would replace) is still essentially new. But what a nice CUV the CX-9 is...

I'm going back and forth on whether to wait a year or so or jump into one sooner.

sevenrd said:
Test drove a GT last weekend. I was really impressed by this vehicle. However, I'm hesitant to jump right into one so early. Plus my wife's Mazda5 (which it would replace) is still essentially new. But what a nice CUV the CX-9 is...

I'm going back and forth on whether to wait a year or so or jump into one sooner.

i would wait so they can work out all the kinks and post tsb's and crap

Back