springs for auto-x

:
06 MS6/03.5 MSP
i plan on daily driving my car, but on weekends auto-x'ing the crap out of it come spring time. what would be an awesome set of springs to put in my car? i don't want the car to be dropped past 1 3/4 or so all around. i like subtle and high performance. i heard around here the autoexe low down springs would be what i might want...but i'd rather hear from others on their opinions. i just want it to handle better than it already does.

I have the Auto-exe Low Down springs and I auto-x mine and they made a huge difference. I ran 6 or 7 events before I got the springs and only one after and it was like driving a whole new car for that last event. It made me mad that the season was over. The car is MUCH more responsive now, and a bit rougher ride quality. The drop was between 1 1/2" and 2". I live in the midwest and 6"+ of snow might be a problem. I do have to be careful about some parking lots I will bottom out the front end if I go in or out of certain places but the better handling and more responsive steering is worth the trade.

nice, yeah auto crossing won't be starting up for a couple more months up here and the low down springs are what ive been aiming for so far...hopefully more help will find its way to this thread towards my decision.

Street Unit and RPM both have springs coming soon for the MS6. H&R does as well. Hopefully by March you we will have several choices.

VinnieBeachbum said:
Are tje Auto-EXE made specificaly for the speed6? or are they just retro from the reg 6?
They are made special for the SPEED6. They are JDM parts and require a long lead time for ordering, unless corksport has them in stock. They had to order all my Auto-exe parts and they took a month to get in. But all were well worth the wait. :D

Info from a long time reputable Mazda suspension expert is that Autoexe buys their springs from the same place RB does except they charge 100% more. I'd wait if I were you. I mean c'mon, $70 for wipers?

well i hope the upcoming newcomer springs to the market are well suit for some fast turning. autoexe's prices on springs don't seem too too bad. i guess we'll just have to wait for some good competition to come out.

From what I'm reading the MS6 springs that RPM is developing would be a pretty good setup, particularly the one matched with Koni yellows. I'm waiting for more info on SU's springs.

Raynman said:
From what I'm reading the MS6 springs that RPM is developing would be a pretty good setup, particularly the one matched with Koni yellows. I'm waiting for more info on SU's springs.

Nice. RPM is actually looking at rates that work well with a specific shock?

i plan on runnin on the stock shocks, which is why i dont care much about the whole lowering part, just a nasty spring rate for auto-x.

Back