MazdaSpeed6 Brake Calipers

MS6NMI

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6, and 2005 Mazda Tribute
Does anyone know if the MazdaSpeed6 Brakes are a carryover from any other models? I know the front calipers are stamped FoMoCo.

MS6NMI said:
Does anyone know if the MazdaSpeed6 Brakes are a carryover from any other models? I know the front calipers are stamped FoMoCo.
At this time, no. Someone thinks they have stumbled across an Audi that has the same brakes, but no conformation yet.

mazda claims they are unique to the lineup and the largest brakes they have installed on production car branded with thier name

i read somwhere that the brakes come from a volvo...?

I gotta find that article somewhere.

snooky said:
i read somwhere that the brakes come from a volvo...?

I gotta find that article somewhere.
The Madaspeed3 uses brake parts for the new Volvo 40 series line ,seeing as how the 3 and 6 share the some of the same parts I dontsee why the 6 shouldnt have brake parts from Volvo as well . Besides Ford has its hands in both Mazda and Volvo

I've seen pics with the calipers stamped "FoMoCo". This I assume to be Ford Motor Company.

paintedtb6.jpg

macklum said:
The Madaspeed3 uses brake parts for the new Volvo 40 series line ,seeing as how the 3 and 6 share the some of the same parts I dontsee why the 6 shouldnt have brake parts from Volvo as well . Besides Ford has its hands in both Mazda and Volvo

thanks, i knew i read it somewhere, didnt wanna sound crazy haha

thats pretty cool though!

Back