Mazdaspeed 6 bose system

sawzaw? hehe well if its like other factory installed bose systems the top panel is held down by clips...then the sub should be attached by 4 screws securing it to the deck lid...note I haven't done this on the ms6 this is just how the bose system was in every other car I owned...

Oh, it just pops off? I kinda looked at it but it almost seemed like the grate was attached to the deck.

I don't think that grate pops off. I was putting some pretty heavy stress on it and stopped cause I was scared I was going to break it.

OK, I figured it out without breaking anything. For everyone's information you must remove the entire back deck to gain access to that sorry excuse of a sub woofer.

damn are you serious! what a pain in the ass....add that in with the crappy sound and the no sub control on the HU and this bose system is turning quickly into a walmart special!!! When you took the whole deck off, how was the housing secured to the deck lid?

Im looking for a complete bose system.... you getting rid of it???

Why do you need the bose system? I think I have my stock bose speakers, amp, and sub laying around.. They were all in perfect working order when I removed them(in the car less than 5000 miles)...

Milwaukee_Sawzall_13_Amp_Orbital_Super_Reciprocating_Saw_6536-21-resized200.jpg

To remove the factory bose subwoofer you have to do the following:

1) Flip down the rear seats (if you haven't figured this out yet I'm not going to bother going into details so use the search feature)
2) Remove the side bolsters to the seats. These have a spring-loaded clip towards the top that you can reach around and pull back to remove them.
3) Remove the C-pilar panels. I'm not sure if you "must" remove them but I did. There are some easy to find clips and screws you have to remove.
4) Remove all the clips along the front of the rear deck cover and pull it up and towards the front of the car.
5) With the rear deck cover removed, you will see that it is just 4 screws holding the subwoofer in. remove those, disconnect the wiring harness and you are finished.

Back