Curbed

antlind

:
2006 Mazda5 - GT
Well, it finally happened......I ran into a curb this evening onmy way home from work....I'm so effing upset about this.....Never saw it coming........I'm thinking the damage would be less severe if I didn't lower the car.....My wife thinks it's very funny because I've been warning her about doing just this.....I ended up damaging the front bumper under the fog light....Totally smashed it in.....FAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!(pissed)
I'll post some pics on Wednesday when I take it in for an estimate.
Anthony

I feel your pain!!! My husband has officially dented or scratched 3 of 4 corners of the car and curbed 2 of the 4 rims. He's not allowed to drive my miata anymore. (1 rear corner - backed into a car, 1 front corner-hit road debris, other front corner-scraped on curb, 2 rims - scraped on curb) I try not to think about it.......(But he still can't drive my miata baby)

Doh! That sucks. :(

BTW, I didn't know you were on here, too. Hi! (recognized you from MPVclub.com!)

antlind said:
My wife thinks it's very funny because I've been warning her about doing just this.....I ended up damaging the front bumper under the fog light....

First of all sorry to hear about the damage. Second, I am just like you. I keep telling the wife how to be careful driving the 5 because of the lip and the rims. But so far she has done a great job driving it and all the nicks and scratches on the car so far has happened while i was the one on the wheel. Isn't that something... ???

This is why I wouldn’t drop my 5, simply for the reason that it’s already razor close to curb height. My wife opened her passenger door over our sidewalk the other day and my fingertip just fit between the two.

That being said, I already scuffed a 1” spot on my front bumper from a steep parking lot exit, so I feel your pain! Sorry to hear it.

My official position on this issue is that the curb came at me from outta nowhere.....I'll post the pics tomorrow....
My son cannot contain his laughter at this since I banned him from driving the Mazda5 becuase I didn't trust him with the fact that the car was lowered.......(poke)
So I have to hang my head in shame as I walk around the house these days.
Anthony

Sorry to hear about it, that's why my wife doesn't drive my mazda5, she has her own car to do that, which she is doing all the time. zoomzoom

well hopefully those mazda 5's arent like the protege and decide to blow out your brake lines when you hit a curb. that sux a lot.

Nextruss said:
well hopefully those mazda 5's arent like the protege and decide to blow out your brake lines when you hit a curb. that sux a lot.
How the hell do you blow out a brakeline via a curb?? (uhm)

*oh look, a Nebraskan

the_saint said:
How the hell do you blow out a brakeline via a curb?? (uhm)

*oh look, a Nebraskan
I think if you were to blow out a brake line there's bound to be more damage to the suspension.....Hope that doesn't happen to me...

Pics Posted

here are some pics of the damage......

Attachments

• IM006121.JPG
    IM006121.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IM006122.JPG
    IM006122.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 208
I don't know what's worse, the dent (ugh) or the filth

Seriously though... ouchie. At least it's just very isolated cosmetic damage and won't give you the consequential post-accident mechanical problems that you tend to get with more serious collisions.

Filth

jandree22 said:
I don't know what's worse, the dent (ugh) or the filth

Seriously though... ouchie. At least it's just very isolated cosmetic damage and won't give you the consequential post-accident mechanical problems that you tend to get with more serious collisions.

Jandree....Good one......:)
You're right about the condition of the car...You should see the inside.....Can't be helped though....I live in Calgary and here we use sand (as opposed to salt) during the winter....Of course when we get warm temperatures (Chinooks) the snow melts and mixes with the sand to form mud......Makes no sense to wash the car until most of the snow melts away and the roads dry up.....
Anthony

I know how you feel. Its been a very quiet winter down her in PA so far, the most we got so far was a dusting. But PennDOT in their infinite wisdom was itching to get their salt trucks on the road for 0.1 of snow. So now I too am past the point of no return until April showers come along to clean the white crustiness off the roads.

<cringe> That is pretty nasty - my wife just missed doing the same kind of thing to our 5 when we were on holidays, and she wonders why I was so pissed at the time.

Now I have evidence to show her to say "this is what COULD have happened!". :)

Back