Brakes dont feel even??

:
2017 Mazda CX5 GT - Premium
Hi all, im at almost 15k miles and braking power still feels great but i just recently noticed that it doesnt feel like its braking evenly when im coming to a stop. Its hard to explain but it doesnt brake smooth as if im slowly pumping my foot. Does this mean that the rotors are warping? If so any idea if this is something thats covered under warranty?

If the rotors are warped you should feel a shimmy or vibration in the wheel and/or pedal.
When you say it doesn't feel even do you mean it's pulling to one side more than the other?

Yep, if it's like a pulsing feeling on the pedal, it's probably warped rotors. Couldn't answer the question about the warranty though.

After re-reading your question, it does look like you're experiencing warpage. And considering that this is not a widespread issue with the Mazda5 I'm fairly confident that it will NOT be covered under warranty because, like Andrewswc said, brakes are a wear & tear item.

I have heard of vehilces in the past having brakes covered under warranty (Nissan Titan comes to mind) but that is because the brakes not up to the job and pretty much every owner ended up with warped rotors.

But at any rate, put on your best game face, take it to the dealer, and give the service writer hell! They just might take care of you.

Back